Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
"I told Morah that you said she's not a good morah!"

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Nov 15 2015, 6:04 pm
This is what my 4yo dd told me (about her SIET). embarrassed embarrassed

I never said any such thing! she has a habit of making things up. (she likely made it up because she doesn't like the SIET telling her what to do...)

Anyway, if I bring it up with the SIET, it sounds like an admission of guilt, so I don't think theres anything I can do about it?

the world's best mom

Post Sun, Nov 15 2015, 6:12 pm
Perhaps you can compliment the SEIT, telling her what a good job she is doing?

return2You

Post Sun, Nov 15 2015, 7:19 pm
Ignore the incident and give her a nice Chanukah present with a personal note/poem expressing how much you appreciate her.
She will likely deduce that your daughter made it up,( probably to get her way? Lol I have an almost five year old son who does the same thing)

chavs

Post Sun, Nov 15 2015, 8:19 pm
Why don't you ask your dd why she said that and discuss it with her? If it is something like your dd not liking being told what to do you can help her by doing social stories around it as an example, if it was the way the teacher said it you can discuss with your dd how she would like it for the teacher to tell her what to do and discuss it with the teacher as an example. There is so much to learn from this either for your dd, yourself or her teacher.
Not least that you can tell her teacher that you discussed thisincident with dd and didnt just let it slide (with possible suggestions for the future).

imasinger

Post Sun, Nov 15 2015, 8:36 pm
Good idea, chavs.

I'm reminded of the joke about the teacher who says, "I'll make a deal with you. I won't believe everything Johnny tells me happens in your house if you won't believe everything Johnny says happens at school."

yksraya

Post Sun, Nov 15 2015, 10:20 pm
Why don't you call her and say " my dd said she told you ..... I'm shocked she did so bec I never said that and am really happy with the great job ur doing" and explain to her why your child would say such a thing.

amother
Babypink

Post Sun, Nov 15 2015, 10:45 pm
I'm a preschool teacher and I wouldn't feel so good if one of the kids said this to me. I know of course that kids make up a lot of stuff... but they don't make up everything, and I don't know the context when your daughter said this, but it's possible the teacher might think it's true. I'd appreciate you coming over and telling me that your daughter said she told you this and explain that you never said such a thing.
That's just what I'd appreciate. Everyone's different though. Of course you'd have to feel comfortable enough to do this, it might not be so easy.

anonymrs

Post Sun, Nov 15 2015, 10:59 pm
Could it be that she never actually said this to the teacher?

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Nov 15 2015, 11:44 pm
Thanks everyone for your help!

Yes, anonymrs, it's possible she never said it. Which is partially why I dont want to bring it up with the SIET.

I will make sure to thank her for doing such a wonderful job. I hope that's enough!

JMM-uc

Post Sun, Nov 15 2015, 11:58 pm
I think it would be best if next time that you meet her, ask her for advice with your dd's lying. Don't mention what she said to her, just in general tell her that lately she's been telling people that you (the mother) said things you didn't. What can she advise you to do?

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 7:35 am
I make it a point at the beginning of every year, to tell all of DD's teachers and aids that DD is a "story teller" with an active imagination. I let them know that if they have any questions at all, about ANYTHING, that she should call me. Even over the smallest, silliest stuff.

I also told DD that her teachers know that they can call me to "fact check". DD would still try to get a story past me, and I'd say "If I call your teacher, what will she say?" That usually gets DD to back down and tell the truth.

DD has told me straight out, that she enjoys seeing just how much of the story she can get someone to swallow, and she's very good at taking a tiny grain of truth and embroidering it into a huge tapestry.

For years she had everyone convinced that she had a little sister, and that we have 5 dogs! LOL

sped

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 8:30 am
Sounds like my big brother who was learning in yeshiva in E"Y and never came home! I think lots of the neighborhood kids believed that.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 8:58 am
My MIL taught pre-1-A for many years, and oh! the tales she heard. I remember her telling about one little girl who came in and excitedly told that her mother had given birth to twins! They made her a huge Mazel Tov card, sang and danced with the "big sister"...and at dismissal time, the mother showed up to pick up her daughter. It had been one big figment of her fertile imagination.

Pre-school teachers should never believe what they hear. Kids say things they wish as fact. It can have no basis of truth, not even a grain.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers