Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Ideas on how to make this dress tznius
Previous  1  2  3

DefyGravity

Post Wed, May 09 2007, 12:33 pm
Well, hopefully, I'll find one that's long sleeves. The Jewish clothing store near me sells them. When I was there last week I saw a bunch of them, but I didn't look so carefully b/c I didn't have the dress yet.
It looked like they had an entire rack of them, so hopefully I'll find something.

shayna82

Post Wed, May 09 2007, 12:39 pm
wow ur lucky, we only have one jewish clothing store here, and no maternity.
so its online or in a store, and even maternity stores are few and far between here Sad

so far, I ordered the dress, a cream sweater set, thta has a tank top crew neck shirt for underneath,

and a bolero/shrug thats cream and has a cute tie for on top... if I can make it all look normal.... Very Happy

DefyGravity

Post Wed, May 09 2007, 12:48 pm
Oh - this isn't maternity! I was just chiming in with what I've done with completely untznius clothing!

shayna82

Post Wed, May 09 2007, 12:50 pm
lol... thanks, youve given me good ideas and tips. I have 7 weeks to make it work.

DefyGravity

Post Wed, May 09 2007, 12:53 pm
I have like 3 weeks Sad

shayna82

Post Wed, May 09 2007, 12:57 pm
My issue is that I don tknow how much bigger im gonna get in the next 7 weeks. so its hard to tell whta it will look like then.

Estee2

Post Fri, May 11 2007, 2:17 pm
I you wear a fitted shirt underneath, won't the whole 'chest'
area be tight ?

I like the cardigan you showed from pea in pod, very sophisticated. Very Happy
Also, this way, you can keep the back unzipped.

happy

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 1:49 am
a lycra top in the cream color, I think . That should do it. like this:
https://ssl.catalog.com/~bemod.....d=205

shayna82

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 12:15 pm
oh my gosh happy, I have been looking all over for this exact thing, its exactly what I need.

Good News, the dress fits and its beutiful... its a little big by the chest area, but everything else is perfect. the dress is designed for a growing tummy. its perfect for when your just showing, or even in the ninth month. im so excited.

so im trying a bunch of diffferent options. I ordred a cream shrug to go over the dress, and wear a short sleeve cream crewneck underneath,

or ill wear what happy just posted, with or without the shrug.

then just shoes, and hopefully a new sheitel, and im done!
thanks everyone for their suggestions~!

Tefila

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 12:26 pm
Quote:
wear a sleeveless t shirt under the dress in a cream color.
then have a seamstress make you a bolero jacket, about 2 inches longer than the top of the bodice.
have the bolero close fro teh neckline till the top of the bodice so no one will notice whats underneath, but if the bolero moves, you'll still be covreed.

GREAT IDEA Very Happy
Btw you are lucky shayna with me the light color would be colorful the moment I tried it on.... with my kiddies I can't wear anything white 8)

shayna82

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 12:37 pm
yeah well we will just see how cream looking it is after a long wedding with two toddlers...

I never really wear this color either, but the color scheme is light colors and this just happened to catch my eye.. I only have 6 more weeks, so im not gonna make myself nuts looking for something else... im just gonna make this work, and I think it will!!!

greenfire

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 1:06 pm
ah shayna - so everything works out in the end ... now if we could just get you some ice cream ... you will be all set ... Wink

shayna82

Post Sun, May 13 2007, 1:11 pm
I think im gonna order some for shavous, or make some

shayna82

Post Tue, May 15 2007, 1:27 pm
ok for all those intersted

the dress is great, it fits, perfect length and everyting

the bolero that I ordered came, and the color is off and it just dosnt look right on top of the dress, it looks like im trying too hard, and since the dressis soft flowing cotton material, a crochet shrug looks out of place. another point, the dress is more like a goldish color rather than cream, anything I see in crema, including this shrug, is just slightly off to make it look bad. so eventhough the color scheme is light, do you think its so bad if I wear a black lycra shirt underneath and just have the dress on top? the lining of the dress is black... I mean ill be 37 1/2 weeks at the wedding iyh, and I doubt my future sil would be upset... shoul di ask her first?

Mishie

Post Tue, May 15 2007, 2:42 pm
Shaina, I'm sure it will look really good with the black shirt.

And, NO, your future SIL will not be mad at you!!!

P.S. we would love to see a pic. of the "finished product"!!!
Very Happy

shayna82

Post Tue, May 15 2007, 2:59 pm
yeah ill post a pic of it after its complete.. maybe one of me wearing it or something...
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics