Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Desperately need a parenting couch

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Nov 15 2015, 1:50 am
Please help me please me! I'm desperate! Who can I turn to? My 5 year old son is out of control I don't know what to! I grew up in a physically and emotionally abusive home and don't won't to repeate the cycle under any circumstances, I do have the impulse so need help ASAP I took numerous parenting courses read books etc! That's not what I'm looking for! I'm looking for someone who will work with me privately and teach me practical parenting not just in theory

Please please help

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Nov 15 2015, 2:02 am
Is there a mom in your community who has difficult kids, who you can talk to? Or maybe a mom who you really respect because she has such lovely kids?

My rebbetzin back in the US is an amazing mother, and I used to go to her all the time to run things by her. Her insights were worth more to me than 100 parenting classes and all the books in the library.

Good for you, for recognizing that you don't want to repeat unhealthy parenting patterns. That shows a lot of insight! Hug

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Nov 15 2015, 2:15 am
If you live in ny area, you can try reaching out to the organization called eitzah/toshea. They may be able to help you with this. 718-705-9980. Good luck!

amother
Royalblue

Post Sun, Nov 15 2015, 4:26 am
Thank you to both of you! I live in Israel!

amother
Natural

Post Sun, Nov 15 2015, 5:41 am
Check this out:
http://avivahwerner.com/

This woman is my neighbor. She is amazing, her family is beautiful and NORMAL and her parenting is real and practical and exceptional. She does exactly what you are looking for: one on one parent coaching that is specifically tailored to you and your children.

Jewishmom8

Post Sun, Nov 15 2015, 5:50 am
what area do you live in?
maybe that would help people give you more options

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Nov 15 2015, 5:53 am
amother wrote:
Check this out:

This woman is my neighbor. She is amazing, her family is beautiful and NORMAL and her parenting is real and practical and exceptional. She does exactly what you are looking for: one on one parent coaching that is specifically tailored to you and your children.

I second this completely! She's such an inspirational woman, and has been through every up and down with her kids that you can imagine (and some you probably can't). She's the epitome of grace, humor, and compassion.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 7:49 am
amother wrote:
Check this out:

Thank you so much! It looks and sounds really amazing! But how do I know it's not going to be waste of money AGAIN , does she have any qualifications? How do I know she is really good, any of you unused her as a parenting couch? I've tried to many people, therapists etc! I need someone who is real and doesn't just sell herself well and then is nothing what I thought

Thank you so much to you all

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 8:29 am
amother wrote:
Thank you so much! It looks and sounds really amazing! But how do I know it's not going to be waste of money AGAIN , does she have any qualifications? How do I know she is really good, any of you unused her as a parenting couch? I've tried to many people, therapists etc! I need someone who is real and doesn't just sell herself well and then is nothing what I thought

Thank you so much to you all

Avivah is the real deal. Believe me, she's been through it all. She'll probably let you talk to her for free for the first session, that's what most people do.

I don't know if she has any professional degrees besides early childhood development, but remember that pieces of paper don't count, what you want to look for is connection and RESULTS. All the diplomas in the world won't help you, if the person doesn't "get" your parenting style, or understand your child.

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 10:13 am
You may want to edit your thread title so you can attract more posters who can offer suggestions.

I only clicked on the thread because I was wondering what a "parenting couch" is.

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 11:33 am
When I read what you wrote - my first thought is - can try to talk to someone - an older experienced mother - who wouldn't necessarily charge.

I am an older mother on a block with young mothers and find there's so much advice I can give.

Do you know anyone like that?

amazingmommy

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 11:59 am
You can pm me

amother
Natural

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 12:41 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you so much! It looks and sounds really amazing! But how do I know it's not going to be waste of money AGAIN

You can't know for sure about her or anyone else until you try, but I have consulted with her before we were neighbors and have since had many conversations about parenting and I can tell you that there is good reason to give her a try and it's not just a shot in the dark. I think she does give a certain amount of time for free at first to get an idea if she's the right coach for you.

Chavas

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 3:28 pm
You can pm me and I will gladly try to help. I teach parenting classes and have lots of experience as a mother and teacher.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics