Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
8th birthday party with boys and girls

yo'ma

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 12:42 pm
I'm making a birthday party for my soon to be 8 year old boy. It's a week before chanukah. I'm serving ice-cream with topping. He wants soccer decorations. I do simple, just the table stuff. I checked online and here for ideas, but I need a little more help please. There will be 5 girls and 5 boys besides my boys. It will be indoors and not much space. It will be about 2 hours. It can't be anything too complicated because of the language barrier Rolling Eyes embarrassed . This is what I'm thinking of so far:
bingo- he's not so into that
menorah- a simple one, but one that can be used. Don't know what yet.
or chanukah cards, but my ds said he prefers menorah.
table memory game
someone mentioned a science experiment- cool, I just have to check that out that's not to messy or complicated.
charades

Any other ideas? Thanks

Blessing1

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 12:48 pm
Headbandz is a lot of fun & no talking involved.

STMommy

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 1:53 pm
Freezedance - play Channukah songs and the winner gets a small prize

Chayalle

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 2:44 pm
Do you mean Pin the Candle on the Menorah? That's a fun game, with winner being whoever gets closest to the shamash.

You can have a memory game you make yourself, with different Chanuka pictures (like menorah, dreidel, chanukah gelt, latkes, jug of oil, macabee, scenes from the story,etc...)

You can play hot and cold with a little dreidle being the object.

My DD is 7 1/2 and her favorite game is called Banana Split. If you know the game, I wonder if it's possible to make a Chanuka version - with two teams, and Chanuka pictures instead of toppings, and cards with combinations of various Chanuka themes and points for the game board.

Would you do Chanukah cookie decorating? Or have some Chanuka coloring pictures, crayons, markers, stickers for decorating, etc...

Happy Birthday to your son. Lots of Nachas!

yo'ma

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 5:29 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Do you mean Pin the Candle on the Menorah? That's a fun game, with winner being whoever gets closest to the shamash.

My DD is 7 1/2 and her favorite game is called Banana Split. If you know the game, I wonder if it's possible to make a Chanuka version - with two teams, and Chanuka pictures instead of toppings, and cards with combinations of various Chanuka themes and points for the game board.

Thank you. No, I meant make a menora Smile , but that's a good idea. I don't want to do too many chanuka things though because it's a birthday party and it's not chanuka yet.

What is banana split?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics