Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Womens Chanukah Party- ideas

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 3:22 am
Looking to organize a women's get together over chanukah. It is going to be with a mix of women who don't all know each other so well. Everyone is frum/chareidi. I don't think it will be a huge group, maybe 20 women?

Any ideas for games or anything cute you have seen done at chanukah parties? I need ideas!!!
Thanks!

abaker

Post Sat, Nov 14 2015, 6:04 pm
I've always wanted to do a milchig mashed potato bar with all different toppings like fried onions, mushrooms, chives, shredded cheeses, sour cream

zaq

Post Sat, Nov 14 2015, 6:14 pm
abaker wrote:
I've always wanted to do a milchig mashed potato bar with all different toppings like fried onions, mushrooms, chives, shredded cheeses, sour cream

Yummmm....but why mashed potatoes and not latkes, blintzes or other fried foods? The Chanuka miracle had nothing to do with potatoes, which are a New World species, weren't introduced to Europe till after Columbus sailed west, and took longer still to make their way to the Middle East.

mha3484

Post Sat, Nov 14 2015, 6:59 pm
There is a minhag to eat milchigs and mashed potatoes are always better with dairy.

belovedaz

Post Sat, Nov 14 2015, 7:34 pm
Game: balderdash - we played out with a group that size and was fun and funny

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Sun, Nov 15 2015, 12:30 am
I dont have balderdash. Is that a game you need to buy? How about a game you can make on your own. Was thinking maybe headbandz game using chanukah theme words? Anything else- more fun??

mommy100

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 7:34 pm
You can google balderdash words and use that.
If the ppl Don't really know each other a cute game is to give everyone a piece of playdough and tell them to shape it into something like their favorite Chanukah thing, or favorite thing in the community. Then everyone walks around and passes their item to another person and says my name is xxx and I like xxx. Now the person who has your item has to pass it on saying your info. After five min you stop everyone and they have to say out loud what they have left by them and guess whom the original owner of it is.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics