Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Kesser bais yakov or bais rochel?
1  2  Next

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 6:30 pm
Help me decide

LiLIsraeli

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 7:55 pm
Did you get in to both?

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 8:14 pm
Assume that yes

groisamomma

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 8:21 pm
What's important to you in a school?

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 8:47 pm
groisamomma wrote:
What's important to you in a school?

I'm not sure what you mean by that. I want my daughter to maximize her potential and be the best that she can.

cool_mama

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 10:20 pm
I send to kesser bais yaakov and I am very happy. its still relatively a small school and they are on top of everything. the principal is amazing and so nice. the teachers are all also very nice. my daughter loves going there! they learn a lot and try to teach as much as possible.

bais rochel is a very big school. we had an interview with the owner and he told us he will talk to us about tuition the next week and a few days later we got a letter that our daughter wasn't accepted. he was after the money of my fil (wanted us to come beg by him to accept our daughter) and for us that was a no go. he is very tough! the principal seemed nice but I don't know more than that. we wanted our daughter to go to bais rochel because almost all of her friends went there.

amother
Blonde

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 10:55 pm
cool_mama wrote:
I send to kesser bais yaakov and I am very happy. its still relatively a small school and they are on top of everything. the principal is amazing and so nice. the teachers are all also very nice. my daughter loves going there! they learn a lot and try to teach as much as possible.

bais rochel is a very big school. we had an interview with the owner and he told us he will talk to us about tuition the next week and a few days later we got a letter that our daughter wasn't accepted. he was after the money of my fil (wanted us to come beg by him to accept our daughter) and for us that was a no go. he is very tough! the principal seemed nice but I don't know more than that. we wanted our daughter to go to bais rochel because almost all of her friends went there.

^This^

balibusta

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 9:25 am
some1 was just telling me her sisters deciding between the 2 (maybe its you!)

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 9:32 am
I am faced with the same choices; from the little contact I have with each bais rochel sounded more professional. I'm constantly hearing, kesser=heimish Bais Rochel =chasidish can anyone be more specific about the different types of people in each school,

Chayalle

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 9:44 am
I have two friends who sent to BR - both are heimish, one has become a bit more chassidish in the last few years. But it's a big school. FWIW both of them drive, wear sheitels (no hats, etc..) speak English at home, etc...

Naturally, a school that has been around for like 20 years is going to a bit more professional than one that just opened recently.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 9:57 am
amother wrote:
I am faced with the same choices; from the little contact I have with each bais rochel sounded more professional. I'm constantly hearing, kesser=heimish Bais Rochel =chasidish can anyone be more specific about the different types of people in each school,

Actually I heard that kesser is very warm but professional while br is less involved and exciting for the kids. The diff between heimish and chasidish is that br looks specifically for streimel and kesser doesn't care about levush more about the person - that hes erlich etc.

Chayalle

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 10:00 am
amother wrote:
Actually I heard that kesser is very warm but professional while br is less involved and exciting for the kids. The diff between heimish and chasidish is that br looks specifically for streimel and kesser doesn't care about levush more about the person - that hes erlich etc.

A newer school is usually a bit more broad in who they take.

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 10:41 am
amother wrote:

BR has 2-3 parallel classes of each grade. Despite the size, the principals know every girl by name and how every girl is doing in school. They are very in touch with the teachers and follow each child's progress very closely.

The Yiddish principal is very warm, and the children interact very well with her. The English principal my kids respect but they don't have much interaction with her on an individual basis so I can't tell you more about that. Whenever I spoke to her she seemed sweet and attentive.

What Chayalle said about newer schools being more broad in whom they accept is true but more so in BR because the administrator/owner (not the principals!) has a reputation for getting hung up on the little things. Just know that if you send to BR you should stay out of his way and your kids will be happy.

ETA: While BR puts a strong emphasis on academics there are also a lot of school-wide programs that include fun contests and assemblies, songs, etc. each year. I'm not sure what other schools are like but my kids have several tests and quizzes each week and are learning things I did not know in elementary school. The workload is heavy (my kids are smart but even they have pressure). But it may be like that all over Lakewood...I don't know.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 3:41 pm
can you please provide # for Kesser Bais Yakov? how new is it? where is it located? im in monsey and looking for school but I never heard of this school.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 4:00 pm
amother wrote:
can you please provide # for Kesser Bais Yakov? how new is it? where is it located? im in monsey and looking for school but I never heard of this school.
[b]

We are discussing lkwd schools :-) there's a bais rochel in both

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 7:50 pm
Sorry for being off the topic-but in doing comparison, where does Tifferes Chaya come in? Is it more like Kesser or Bais Rochel? Or is it not even a choice?

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 8:04 pm
amother wrote:
Sorry for being off the topic-but in doing comparison, where does Tifferes Chaya come in? Is it more like Kesser or Bais Rochel? Or is it not even a choice?

Tiferes chaya is more trendy, with it, trimmed beard chasidish. Also a fantastic school but different parent body. Heard wonderful things about the staff

amother
Blonde

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 8:10 pm
amother wrote:

Tiferes Chaya are the people that didn't make it into Bais Rochel and Kesser are those that didn't want to.

12rivkyk34

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 8:40 pm
Kesser BY is warmer. The prinicipal Mrs Leiser is beyond a doll.
Bais Rochel is very worried about image & always down parents back about every rule etc. Crowd may be a bit more chassidish then Kesser but very similar.
Bais Rochel probably has a better system for kids who are struggling because it is larger and around longer. They therefor have more support staff and a more tried and proven curriculum with more experienced teachers.

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 11:20 pm
I know few great wholesome families some going for next yr some already in tiferes chaya that love it say the school unbelievable! think they all great choices
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics