Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
ISO P3 provider information- How does one apply BP

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 11:38 am
I'm looking for information on how to become a P3 provider how does one apply and what kind of degree or certification does one need?

cnc

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 11:42 am
You need an MA in special education.
Do you have a BA or MA?
Once you do that you need some exams and seminars to get state certified.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 12:25 pm
cnc wrote:
You need an MA in special education.
Do you have a BA or MA?
Once you do that you need some exams and seminars to get state certified.

I have a BA in special education a masters in social work... Would that work at all or I'd have to go back to school?

cnc

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 12:27 pm
amother wrote:
I have a ba in special education a masters in social work... Would that work at all or I'd have to go back to school?

I'm prettu sure that you would need to go back to school.

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 12:39 pm
cnc wrote:
I'm prettu sure that you would need to go back to school.

Thank you so much for the info..

is there a website where I can find info?

amother
Black

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 1:01 pm
The Agudas Yisrael of America has a department that deals with your question. Ask to speak with leah steinberg 212-797-9000. Hatslachah.

seeker

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 1:46 pm
You do not need a master's in special education, you DO need special ed teacher certification - which can be gotten at the bachelor's or halfway-through-master's level but you need a master's to retain the certificate after an initial period. A master's in social work may be relevant if you otherwise meet the teacher certification requirements.

That's the basic. If you don't have teacher certification, then you would need that before going further. If you do have teacher certification, then we can talk you through applying to be a provider. Though if you have a master's in social work I don't know why you'd rather be a p3 provider...

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 5:49 pm
seeker wrote:
You do not need a master's in special education, you DO need special ed teacher certification - which can be gotten at the bachelor's or halfway-through-master's level but you need a master's to retain the certificate after an initial period. A master's in social work may be relevant if you otherwise meet the teacher certification requirements.

That's the basic. If you don't have teacher certification, then you would need that before going further. If you do have teacher certification, then we can talk you through applying to be a provider. Though if you have a master's in social work I don't know why you'd rather be a p3 provider...

I don't have a special ed certification. Do you know how I would go about getting that?
I don't want to do social work because I don't have the training I need to find a good job.
Someone asked me to work with her daughter who needs help with her homework etc. as a p3 provider that's what made me think to look into it. I told her you may want someone who has proper training who can help her fully but she insisted that she just wanted my services. So I figured why not find out if it's even possible.

Thank you for your advice. I will definitely call the agudah as the previous poster suggested thank you.

seeker

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 9:04 pm
YOu can probably find the info you want here: http://www.highered.nysed.gov/......html

You will not be able to get certified in time to help your friend so tell her no. But if you are serious about a special ed career of any type, pursuing certification would be a very good idea.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics