Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Chanukah Games for family party...
1  2  3  Next

ltlesmartmom

Post Wed, Nov 29 2006, 6:02 pm
Every year at the family Chanukah Party everyone is asked to come up with a game.
Last year every one did the one with the story books(does anyone remember?).
Whats New this year? Question

Blossom

Post Mon, Dec 11 2006, 7:11 pm
What's the storybook game?

momof2girls

Post Wed, Dec 13 2006, 4:44 pm
I would love to hear ideas for family games.

I'm thinking of playing Bingo with the family names at this year's chanukah party.

If anyone has good ideas. Please post.

ny21

Post Wed, Dec 13 2006, 4:46 pm
Our family has a scavenger hunt

we use clues like these .

EX" what college did your Uncle go to? etc.

Ribbie Danzinger

Post Wed, Dec 13 2006, 6:08 pm
I once made up riddles in rhyme for the name of each member of the family who would be present (not on Chanuka).

Squash

Post Wed, Dec 13 2006, 6:30 pm
I'd also like to know what the "storybook game" is.

This year, for my mil's party, each of us has to bring something that would hint at the name of a local store. I.e: pair of socks with a hechsher on it=kosher sox (catskills).

dh came up with this one: jewish press with big black X on it next to a small toy train = "sub express" (local sub takeout)

bench made out of legoes or clics with an apple on it = "apple bank" (bonk is yiddish for bench)

this is mine: sheitel head with lines all over it = "headlines" (local hat store).

It should be fun trying to figure out what everyone brought.

ltlesmartmom

Post Mon, Dec 18 2006, 12:09 pm
We played a very good game. Guyz check out the game headbandz. we had a good time!

Esther01

Post Mon, Dec 18 2006, 1:55 pm
we are playing tonight a very nice game.

this is how it goes.

I took pictures of details in my mom's house. ex.corner of frame of a picture, part of the silver mezuza holder, the fringes of the curtain...etc.

then we show the pictures and eveyone needs to guess what is the whole picture.

it's just a lot of laughing and fun.

Squash

Post Mon, Dec 18 2006, 2:25 pm
I just got off the phone with my sister who told me they played the following game :

Everyone was asked to bring 4 things, each beginning with a dif letter on the dreidel ie: shin - sheitel, shtreimel...

they sat in a circle. there were 4 bags in the middle of the circle, one for each letter.

they played dreidel, and whatever letter the dreidel fell on, the person had to take something out of that letter's bag and don it. she said they were roaring with laughter.

Sherri

Post Sat, Nov 07 2009, 4:24 pm
Bump.

What IS the storybook game?

mimishkl

Post Mon, Dec 07 2009, 1:57 pm
Looking for more game ideas! PLEASE

mommy#1

Post Mon, Dec 07 2009, 4:15 pm
you can do that everyone picks a name out of a hat and buys a small cheap present suited to that person and writes a small poem or a few lines about it. each person reads his/hers and everyone has to guess who its for. its cute, and doesnt take tons of preparations.

Shmerling

Post Sun, Dec 13 2009, 12:49 pm
Sherri wrote:
Bump.

I am not sure if this is what OP meant, but I think so.

Take a stack of assorted books and give out one to each person. Someone asks a random question and then says a page number. Everyone turns to that page and tries to find words or phrases as the answer and calls it out. The one who has the best/cutest/most original answer calls out the next question (or you could just take turns). It is really a cute game.

Mini Cookie

Post Tue, Dec 15 2009, 6:36 pm
this is a great adult game

buy small gifts for under $2 each, display it Chinese auction style. each attendee gets 5 tickets, they drop it into any box, max 1 per box. Here's the catch, each prize has on obligation/consenquence to it when the drawing are held the winner has to announce their obligation & remember to follow through.

some ideas
-remember the next bday in the family by buying a card or a small gift
-help clean up after the party
-invite the previous winner for a shabbos meal
-send a supper to the next woman that has a baby in the family

PM me for more ideas

Mini Cookie

Post Tue, Dec 15 2009, 6:48 pm
the balloon/stress buster game
disclaimer-not for pregnant women

everyone gets a balloon. prepare a list of frustrating situation in advance ex.-orange juice spills on a freshly washed floor, missing a bus by a second, phone rings when rushing out, fuse blows before you got a chance to save the document on your computer...

according to their usual reaction they blow into the balloon
1 blow if they get a little upset
2 blows-angry
3 blow-ready to kill, mad

whoever's balloon busts first gets a gift (dont tell them in advance cause then they'll just choose 3 blows for every scenario) I think a stress ball is a cute idea & then the last one can get a gift too (a certificate for being a super patient person...)

enjoy! Wink

Isher

Post Wed, Dec 01 2010, 3:51 pm
Shmerling wrote:
Sherri wrote:
Bump.

Take a stack of assorted books and give out one to each person. Someone asks a random question and then says a page number. Everyone turns to that page and tries to find words or phrases as the answer and calls it out. The one who has the best/cutest/most original answer calls out the next question (or you could just take turns). It is really a cute game.

Anyone have a list of questions to be asked for this game.

Anyone have any other ideas of games - party tonight, and I don't have time to sit down and really work on something.

sky

Post Wed, Dec 01 2010, 4:44 pm
Show a family picture for 1 minute. Then ask questions. Like what was daddy's color tie? Who is the youngest in the picture? What year was the picture taken? Everyone writes down the answers and the one with most correct wins.

Split into teams. On each team give everyone a line from a song. Have to arrange in the order of the lines and then sing it out (or have one person sing it)

What year was...?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Dec 16 2014, 11:02 pm
Shmerling wrote:

Does anyone have idea for questions?

boymom

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 10:28 pm
Im bumping this thread cuz I like the story book game and Chanukah is around the corner....

Does anyone have a list of questions that can be asked??

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 26 2015, 5:04 pm
Bump. Need a good game idea please!
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics