Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Iso portable breakfast ideas

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 3:56 pm
I need breakfast ideas that are portable (can be eaten on the way to work)
It needs to be 1.gluten free 2. Low carb 3. contain a protein (prefably) 4. No peppers or mushrooms 5. No smoothies 6. No oats
Any ideas Very Happy
Tia!

Happydance

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 4:02 pm
hatzlocha!
Shucks, I had lots of healthy portable breakfast ideas (Im a professional Eat-breakfast-on-the-go-er) until I read all the other requirements!
All I can think of is an omelet, yogurt with cut fruit,

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 4:22 pm
rlm wrote:
hatzlocha!
Shucks, I had lots of healthy portable breakfast ideas (Im a professional Eat-breakfast-on-the-go-er) until I read all the other requirements!
All I can think of is an omelet, yogurt with cut fruit,

Can you post some ideas maybe I could revamp them for my diet
TThanx

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 4:26 pm
the hard part is "while you are going to work", I can give you ideas but you need to be able to sit and eat with a spoon or fork.

Spinach, shredded cheese in an omellette
Greek Omelet, eggs with feta cheese , black olives and tomatoe
cottage cheese, with diced cucumbers and tomatoes and seasoned with lemon pepper and dill

thunderstorm

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 4:27 pm
Another thing I like, is a plain greek yogurt, and I add frozen strawberries (that are defrosted) and a drop of Truvia for sweetener but you can put sugar if it's not an issue...it tastes like sour cream n strawberries...it's yum...you can add a banana to that mix and make it more filing

amother
Denim

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 4:29 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
the hard part is "while you are going to work", I can give you ideas but you need to be able to sit and eat with a spoon or fork.

Spinach, shredded cheese in an omellette
Greek Omelet, eggs with feta cheese , black olives and tomatoe
cottage cheese, with diced cucumbers and tomatoes and seasoned with lemon pepper and dill

Thanx for these ideas I can use them! I can make it at home and put in a disposable pan and eat on the way Smile

Keep the ideas coming!

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 5:23 pm
Most days I take a light Greek coffee flavored yogurt to work along with one tablespoon of granola in a bag so I can sprinkle on top.
(Lately, I just keep granola at work with a tablespoon inside so I can measure.)

spring13

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 6:58 pm
Egg muffins
Almond flour muffins
Vegetarian sausage (like Morningstar Farms)

tichellady

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 7:26 pm
cottage cheese pancakes- can use gluten free flour amd they don't have much flour in them in the first place- mostly eggs and cottage cheese

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 7:50 pm
you can pre-cook some omelette muffins. use whatever veggies/cheese you'd want, put them in a muffin tin, cover with beaten eggs, bake until set.

apple and peanut butter

yogurt

cheese with cut up veggies/fruit

almond flour waffles

hard boiled eggs, salad

farmers cheese/cottage cheese with veggies to dip in

almond flour pizza

banana pancakes: blend 1 banana to 1 egg, fry in butter (ok, you can fry it in anything, but butter is awesome).

cake. if you make it with a healthy gluten free flour (I use almond flour) and use real ingredients, you have a good breakfast.

consider going fleishig for breakfast. burger, salad, toppings. steak. chicken. lamb, if you wish.

of course, you really can go with a smoothie. I've made yogurt smoothies in advance and frozen them in disposable coffee cups with lids.

Mimisinger

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 8:10 pm
tichellady wrote:
cottage cheese pancakes- can use gluten free flour amd they don't have much flour in them in the first place- mostly eggs and cottage cheese
\

Can I have the recipe please?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking