Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Single or convertible stroller, not too $$ but decent lookin

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 7:24 pm
Shallow post alert:

I need to get a decent looking stroller because my current fully functional one looks faded and not clean even when it is clean. And it just doesn't look decent anymore in social settings.

I generally wouldn't care less about appearances but due to circumstances must get smth that doesn't look like a shmatte.

Because it is really half a necessity I don't feel jystifued to spend too much, as would make sense for an "investment" stroller. On the other hand, once I have to get one I may as well get something that I will get some use out of. Does it make sense?

I used to use lite weight full size graco ones and loved them. Super light, takes a car seat, has a basket, one hand fold etc. the wheeling was ok but fine for easy terrain. Definitely not good for walking in the park though. My first one lasted about 6 years, and the newer one lost shape pretty quickly.

I don't really like citi because of the soft seat back. I have a double citi, and I felt the soft back are not so safe for a baby's head and tender body.

I prefer a lighter stroller, as my back is not always strong. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Oh, and I have credit at target/Walmart which I may as well use toward a carriage if they carry one that is good for me.

Thank!!

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 7:34 pm
Oh, and I love teutonias for their smooth push but they are quite heavy.

I would like the new carriage to have a good push on rough terrain.

spring13

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 9:59 pm
Maybe something like a Mountain Buggy Mini or a Valco Matrix? I see the MB at Target online and the Valco at Walmart online. Both are lighter than a regular jogger, but more substantial than a lightweight stroller.

amother
Seashell

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 10:14 pm
Thank you for your suggestions.

Do you have an idea if they have soft or hard backs? I don't think stroller descriptions even mention this aspect.

spring13

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 11:17 pm
amother wrote:
Thank you for your suggestions.

Do you have an idea if they have soft or hard backs? I don't think stroller descriptions even mention this aspect.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, but they're probably more substantial than a City Mini.

amother
Seashell

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 11:45 pm
I have city classic, that's an older model that is larger than mini and closer to elite. The backs offer no support, the seats are also soft and hammocky. When you recline the back, the child's body can be accidentally pushed to the side together with the seat, like a swing. And it is really easy for a younger child to bump from the side or back into the reclined seat, which may be holding the delicate infants head.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics