Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
To Queens Mamas! Help me find a school please!

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 1:03 am
Where do/did you send your 4-5 year old boys to school? Do you love the school? I am struggling to find a warm, caring, happy, quality, clean place that I feel great sending my son to every day.

Thank you!

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 9:20 pm
please?

Momrus

Post Mon, Nov 16 2015, 9:29 pm
Gan devorah?

amother
Coffee

Post Tue, Nov 17 2015, 10:13 pm
bump

lfab

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 11:04 am
I assume this is for pre-k (the year before pre-1a). I haven't sent to all these places so I don't know specifics but some of the popular places for that age are:
Judy's-they are a UPK
Toby's
Ariellies
Gan Devorah
I think Tiferes Moshe also has a UPK. As does Positive Beginnings. Not sure if Yeshiva Ketana has a pre-k program or not but you can always call and ask. If you don't mind sending to an officially girl's school Bnos Malka has a pre-k and I've heard that the Morah's are supposed to be phenomonal and the school in general is very warm and caring. Hope this helps.

amother
Coffee

Post Wed, Nov 18 2015, 11:54 pm
thank you for your reply. Ideally, I would want a place that he can continue through 8th grade, so that he doesnt have to start fresh now for preschool grades and then AGAIN (new surroundings, new friends) for first grade.

I'm just looking for a school where a mom would say, "yes, that is a phenomenal school!"... and I havent heard that about ANY boys school here in queens. yet.

Still want to hear more. please reply, moms! thank you so much!!!

lfab

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 10:21 am
Sorry I can't be more helpful. I only have girls so I know nothing about any of the local boys schools.

lizard8

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 10:49 am
What type of school are you looking for, religious wise? That is a big factor in a elementary school decision. With preschool is doesn't make much of a difference, but if you are looking for elementary then you should look into a school with similar ideals that you have.

amother
Apricot

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 10:57 am
The only 2 I know of where he can continue through 8th grade are Tiferes Moshe and YCQ.

Momrus

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 9:17 pm
All the big elmentary schools are full for this year. And since it's already November they're probably almost full for next year.

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 9:43 pm
At this point apply everywhere and daven that someone has space. There is a major problem with the Queens schools needing to expand.

morah

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 9:52 pm
I will be honest, as a mom of boys: I'm not impressed with the boys' schools here. I have one in Judi's and I'm happy there, but that's just for preschool. I'm probably going to commute them to FR or the 5T for elementary, I like the schools there much better.

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 11:52 pm
lizard8 wrote:
What type of school are you looking for, religious wise? That is a big factor in a elementary school decision. With preschool is doesn't make much of a difference, but if you are looking for elementary then you should look into a school with similar ideals that you have.

pretty middle of the road. YCQ seems good except that boy and girls are together, so that is a deal breaker. I used to send to YNJ in New Jersey and they were a good fit for me.

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 11:53 pm
morah wrote:
I will be honest, as a mom of boys: I'm not impressed with the boys' schools here. I have one in Judi's and I'm happy there, but that's just for preschool. I'm probably going to commute them to FR or the 5T for elementary, I like the schools there much better.

Thanks Morah. Do you mind if I ask which schools in FR and 5T you have heard are good? Yeshiva Ketana of Long Island?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics