Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Stroller back/seat support Q BJ,Phil&Ted,MB etc.

amother
Rose

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 10:06 pm
Hi,

I have used a Baby Jogger for a number of years and I really don't like the lack of seat structure and back support.
Basically, the child slumps in the seat. And for a younger child or infant, I feel it is not safe especially when the back is lowered and the "hammock" of a seat easily wobbles from side to side if accidentally pushed. I generally compare it with some of the inexpensive basic Graco carriages that have excellent seat and back support.

Now that my old strollers are in a worse shape, I am looking for a new stroller.
Could someone tell me if Baby Jogger is an exception to the rule, or do most modern strollers have such poor soft backs.

I am not looking for a very expensive carriage, and found some good deals on these:

Phil & Teds Classic Inline, single/convertible to double
Mountain Buggy Terrain
Quinny Buzz xTra
Mamas Papas Armadillo.

I like that Phil^Ted is convertible but don't like the look so much.
Anybody knows if it is comfortable in use? It also appears to be on the heavy side.
Does anybody have it and likes it?
Are there accessories like parent tray or console that could be added inexpensively?

Thanks!

ETA: can you lower front seat back on Phil & Ted when you have another seat in the back?

spring13

Post Thu, Nov 19 2015, 11:16 pm
I have a Phil and Teds Navigator. It's not very lightweight, but it's better than most other convertible doubles, and it's very compact overall. I think the seat back is pretty firm, but I wouldn't be put off by gentle motion, it's probably soothing to the baby - just get a head rest thingy so they don't flop too much when they're little. You can lower the seat with a child in the back if you have a model that also reclines the back seat. If you have a toddler and a baby in a model where the back reclines, I'd put the baby in the back and the older child on top - the whole thing will balance better that way.

The push on the P&T is great, it maneuvers very nicely and the tires help a lot. There are plenty of accessories available, just check their website. Plus there are some generic items like cup holders that you can add to any stroller if you need.

Iymnok

Post Fri, Nov 20 2015, 6:11 am
About the weight of strollers, heavy ones can be more stable and easier to push. Lightweight may be flimsy.
Not always, but think about it.
I happen to be a huge mountain buggy fan. I have the OLD doubler and the swift.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics