Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
Ramat shilo
Previous  1  2

amother
White

Post Sun, Nov 22 2015, 8:26 am
Hi- I've been looking into Nofei Hashemesh and someone suggested I look into Ramat Shilo. I see this is a five year old post. Has anything changed in the availability of housing?
Is this near Ganei Haela that I hear is going up? Are ppl from RS going there once built?
Basically- I am what a poster above described- middle/just plain frum... Im nervous about being in RBS as it is mostly chareidi. How are they towards those in RS? Or is it a community on its own?
Is this community somewhat like Nofei Hashemesh?
I would probably be sending to Ahavat Yisrael (oldest will be in 7th)
Any information would be great- thanks!

4Sisters

Post Mon, Dec 07 2015, 1:41 pm
Sorry, I'm new here and don't know anything about what Nofei Hashemesh, but would like to say that my family is very happy here. True, on Shabbos there really aren't tons of other men in black hats like my husband, but the people are very sweet and kind and all (ALL) the rebbeim that we have met have reached out to us. I have heard there are 9 shuls in the community now so I think pretty much everyone could find their spiritual home here Wink

I have a dd in Ahavat Yisrael right around your dd's age. It's a very nice school and the teachers have really gone above and beyond to help my dd. While, for us, I don't think it's a perfect fit hashkafically, we are happy enough with the above things that we're not moving on to Magen Avot, etc. (btw, there is a bus that goes from Ramat Shilo practically to the front door of AY Ulpana.)

Good luck figuring out what's right for your family. You can PM me if you think my limited info might help.

Lastly, my street is VERY mixed. It's about half Israelis and most people send their girls to BY schools. My experience of RBS is that it's not really true that "Only" certain types of people live on a particular street, etc. Smile

heartinzion

Post Wed, Aug 16 2017, 7:27 pm
Making aliyah next summer and looking into ramat shiloh.
I understand from the replies that the community is mixed but is there a significant presence of Dati Leumi Torani? Would I feel uncomfortable wearing tichels and sandals (no socks)? Would my husband feel weird wearing jeans and shorts in the summer? Is there a shul we would fit into?
We would send to Rappaport.

amother
White

Post Thu, Aug 17 2017, 4:38 am
The people I know in RS fall more into the "chardal" category rather than DL Torani.
I'm sure someone there will know more
I live in Beit Shemesh where trh majority of ppl in my community are DL Torani but definitely have chardal here too (especially Nofei Hashemeah)

juggling

Post Thu, Aug 17 2017, 5:08 am
heartinzion wrote:
I understand from the replies that the community is mixed but is there a significant presence of Dati Leumi Torani? Would I feel uncomfortable wearing tichels and sandals (no socks)? Would my husband feel weird wearing jeans and shorts in the summer? Is there a shul we would fit into?

I think you'd be comfortable in ramat shilo.

heartinzion

Post Thu, Aug 17 2017, 7:56 am
Amother white, what community do you live in?

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Aug 17 2017, 7:56 am
heartinzion wrote:

We live in Ramat Shilo. Kids go to Rappaport. They have lots of local friends who also go to Rappaport. I partially cover my hair, don't wear socks, wear sandals, my husband and kids all wear jeans.
You would be fine in Mishkan Shilo. Hardly any shaitels there.

heartinzion

Post Thu, Aug 17 2017, 8:19 am
Where's mishkan shilo?

amother
Wine

Post Thu, Aug 17 2017, 8:28 am
heartinzion wrote:
Where's mishkan shilo?

It's a large shul on Ein Gedi in ramat shilo

amother
White

Post Tue, Aug 22 2017, 4:18 pm
heartinzion wrote:
Amother white, what community do you live in?

I am in Sheinfeld.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions