Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Jonathan Pollard is freed!

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Nov 20 2015, 4:45 am
http://www.israelnationalnews......YrLIU

GramaNewYork

Post Fri, Nov 20 2015, 4:55 am
Thank you for posting this! I never read the news and would not have known.

I was very upset when President Obama was elected and I kept telling myself it is for the best, and who knows, maybe he will free Jonathan Pollard or something huge like that!

Revach v'hatzalah ya'amod la'yehudim mai'makom acher.

JMM-uc

Post Fri, Nov 20 2015, 5:10 am
Finally!!

Best news Smile

DrMom

Post Fri, Nov 20 2015, 6:52 am
Baruch HaShem.

But...

He is "released" -- not exactly "free." Note that he is on probation (which means he can be reincarcerated for the slightest infraction of his probation terms, so he'd better be careful). All of the terms and conditions of his probation have not been made public.

He may not travel to Israel for 5 years.

The article also notes he is forbidden from using the internet. Interesting restriction...

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Nov 20 2015, 7:45 am
http://www.jewishpress.com/new.....1/20/

etky

Post Fri, Nov 20 2015, 8:23 am
DrMom wrote:
Baruch HaShem.

But...

He is "released" -- not exactly "free." Note that he is on probation (which means he can be reincarcerated for the slightest infraction of his probation terms, so he'd better be careful). All of the terms and conditions of his probation have not been made public.

He may not travel to Israel for 5 years.

The article also notes he is forbidden from using the internet. Interesting restriction...

I was wondering how on earth they are going to enforce that?
Anyway, his release was just about the only good news this week...
I'm praying not to turn on my computer motzei Shabbat to yet more horrors.

5*Mom

Post Fri, Nov 20 2015, 8:29 am
GramaNewYork wrote:
I was very upset when President Obama was elected and I kept telling myself it is for the best, and who knows, maybe he will free Jonathan Pollard or something huge like that!

OBAMA DID NOT FREE JONATHAN POLLARD. Pollard was up for parole, having served 2/3 of his sentence (estimated). Obama had nothing to do with it.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Nov 20 2015, 12:39 pm
I heard his internet use is being monitored.

seeker

Post Fri, Nov 20 2015, 2:22 pm
I doubt he will ever be free of the traumas he suffered over the last 30 years. This is definitely good news but he will still be in my thoughts and prayers. And I hope the world doesn't forget just because he's no longer in prison. His case was very disturbing regardless of the fact that he was released to parole after 30 years.

lili

Post Sun, Nov 22 2015, 6:32 am
wow this is major!!
I was so moved when I saw the Picture of him with his wife behind him!

What made her marry him 22 years ago?

Iymnok

Post Sun, Nov 22 2015, 6:50 am
Everyone seems upset that he can't make Aliya. I have yet to hear what HE wants. He has been a pawn for so long, I just see it continuing.

mazeltov

Post Sun, Nov 22 2015, 7:38 am
Iymnok wrote:
Everyone seems upset that he can't make Aliya. I have yet to hear what HE wants. He has been a pawn for so long, I just see it continuing.

Part of the restrictions set upon him is that he is not allowed to be interviewed and can't speak to the media and can't use the internet.

So basically he is not allowed to inform the public about anything he wants, thinks or feels.

5*Mom

Post Sun, Nov 22 2015, 9:09 am
mazeltov wrote:
Part of the restrictions set upon him is that he is not allowed to be interviewed and can't speak to the media and can't use the internet.

So basically he is not allowed to inform the public about anything he wants, thinks or feels.

He does have spokespeople and I do believe he has previously expressed a desire to move to Israel as soon as he can. I wish him good health, long life, joy and happiness and after his mesirut nefesh for Israel I hope he will be zoche to join us here soon!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics