Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
CMV - HELP!

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Nov 22 2015, 12:13 pm
my precious 3 month old daughter failed a hearing screen in her left ear - I was sad, but that is manageable.

Then my ped tested her for CMV. He called on Friday to let me know that it was + and I should come on Monday for further testing. and now I dont know what to think!

Googling stories online are way too frightening - any experience/chizuk/stories to share?

I'm slowly losing my mind from worry

amother
DarkGreen

Post Sat, Jul 08 2023, 10:14 pm
If you test at 3 months, it does not mean its a congenital infection. You need to test before 21 days to be accurate

amother
Tan

Post Sat, Jul 08 2023, 11:41 pm
amother Tan wrote:
my precious 3 month old daughter failed a hearing screen in her left ear - I was sad, but that is manageable.

Then my ped tested her for CMV. He called on Friday to let me know that it was + and I should come on Monday for further testing. and now I dont know what to think!

Googling stories online are way too frightening - any experience/chizuk/stories to share?

I'm slowly losing my mind from worry

This was me a few years ago down to the last detail. I was sick with worry. And it was also Friday afternoon. But CMV at 3 months is meaningless. Most babies at 3 months will test positive to CMV its literally everywhere. Bh 1,00000 times my child is so okay.

amother
Bisque

Post Sat, Jul 08 2023, 11:43 pm
amother Tan wrote:
This was me a few years ago down to the last detail. I was sick with worry. And it was also Friday afternoon. But CMV at 3 months is meaningless. Most babies at 3 months will test positive to CMV its literally everywhere. Bh 1,00000 times my child is so okay.

It actually was you Smile this thread is from 2015.

Java

Post Sat, Jul 08 2023, 11:44 pm
amother Tan wrote:

This was you! Lol
Bh your baby is okay!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics