Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Willowbrook (SI) transportation to Brooklyn

amother
Indigo

Post Sun, Nov 22 2015, 6:29 pm
How do kids get to school in Brooklyn? How do men get to work? How do people go during the day for an appointment or shopping?
School bus? Carpools? Is there a city bus or private bus service?

pesek zman

Post Sun, Nov 22 2015, 7:08 pm
If men or women work in Brooklyn they generally drive there. If they work in Manhattan, or go there to shop etc they generally take the express bus (x10) or less commonly, the ferry (as it is a drive or a bus ride away, while the express bus goes right through the area where the Jews live. I grew up there and went to Brooklyn to school from grade 1-12 and our school had a bus. Other schools did too. I do not know if it was arranged by the parents or the school (but I do know that we paid for it)

Hope that helps

King

Post Sun, Nov 22 2015, 7:25 pm
There are 2 school buses one for boys and one for girls going everyday to all the schools in boro park and brings them home

Kumphort

Post Sun, Nov 22 2015, 9:45 pm
There is a new Jewish private bus making runs from willowbrook to boro park a couple of times a day
Staten Island direct. 7189075100

HonesttoGod

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 11:54 am
There is a shuttle doing 4 trips back and forth on weekdays.
I believe some schools have a transportation arranged together, it leaves pretty early and drops off pretty late.
And most people have at least 1 car.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating