Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Office party scavenger hunt

amother
Black

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 10:32 am
Looking to Dia scavenger hunt for an office chanukah party. Any ideas how I can make this really fun? How do I put it together?

Mama Bear

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 12:43 pm
I was recently at an overnight retreat where we had the following activitiy: Each of us were given ten dollars and we went to a shopping mall and we each had to splurge on a little luxury item that we'd ordinarily not get ourselves, and had a show-and-tell to explain why. It was such fun. One girl said that her dentist told her she needs a crown... so she bought a tiara Very Happy. I stood up and said that there's one item that I'd always wanted to buy but don't need... but wish I did... and pulled out a newborn pink stretchie Very Happy. Obviously you can't do this as there's no fund for giving everyone ten dollars, but think if this idea can turn into something similar for you.

smss

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 12:52 pm
Mama Bear wrote:
I was recently at an overnight retreat where we had the following activitiy: Each of us were given ten dollars and we went to a shopping mall and we each had to splurge on a little luxury item that we'd ordinarily not get ourselves, and had a show-and-tell to explain why. It was such fun. One girl said that her dentist told her she needs a crown... so she bought a tiara Very Happy. I stood up and said that there's one item that I'd always wanted to buy but don't need... but wish I did... and pulled out a newborn pink stretchie Very Happy. Obviously you can't do this as there's no fund for giving everyone ten dollars, but think if this idea can turn into something similar for you.

Sounds like camp! Smile

singleagain

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 1:27 pm
amother wrote:
Looking to Dia scavenger hunt for an office chanukah party. Any ideas how I can make this really fun? How do I put it together?

how many ppl will be participating?

how much funding do you have?

is there a final prize for the winner(s)?

how big is your facility/is there time to go out, where are you located?

I don't know if you are familiar with the big bang theory, but there was an episode, two season ago, I think, when one of the characters made a scavenger hunt, and it was clues that led to places with more clues and at the end it led to a prize. also they were in teams of two... and they were in unusual teams, [ie not the normal break up of ppl

I'd love to help come up with clues and such if you decide to go this way, it sounds like it can be really fun

amother
Black

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 1:56 pm
So we decided to go the route with clues that lead to more clues that will eventually lead to a gift for everyone all wrapped up with a clue on it and everyone has to guess who it's for!

We will have 3 teams.

I need 10 clues.

We r a mortgage office with a real estate agency in our building as well.

Some clue places I came up with:

1. We have a babysitting room...so something in there.

2. Kuerig office in real estate agency

3. Our fridge

5. The small kitchen area we have

6. We have a fireplace

7. The real estate agency conference room

8. The utility closet

9. The mail inbox

10. The supplies closet

11. Processors room

12. Boss room

13. Poland spring cooler

Any ideas for riddles for these things????

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 2:28 pm
9- "come the rain the wind or snow...". I got this from a BY play where it referenced to mail delivery.

singleagain

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 2:42 pm
ok, I'm gonna come up with some clues, to those places, without giving the answers, tell me if you can figure it out:

------
where we go to help us wake
that allows for individual savor
a wonderful idea that came out of vermont
and saves us $$ we appreciate this favor
------
this in house service helps us out
to ease stress from our work day
we can visit when we need
and sometimes we can join in play
------
many boxes in a larger box
each with a name
a place to drop of important notes
no two boxes labeled the same
------
made of brick, a house to wood
this season is mine
but every so often I also get used
at least once in the springtime
-------
fill me not with pungent smells
keep me sparkling clean
do not take what is not yours
bc that is inconsiderate and mean
--------
a gathering place
sometimes over lunch
come one at a time
or come all in a bunch
--------
no one wants to be called to me
bc they fear it means trouble
but just for today
hurry here on the double
-------
the gossip mill of the office
was my claim to fame
but now I stand alone
and it's the internet I have to blame
-------
here is where you keep the extra
so the office looks real neat
sometimes things vanish from me
even though nothing in me has feet
-------
I am a room that is fairly small
compared to the same in your house
but everyone congregates in me to feed
just keep me clean so there'll be no food for a mouse

amother
Puce

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 2:49 pm
What's your time frame? Is this supposed to be a quick 30 minute thing or longer party time slot?

My shul Sisterhood once did a scavenger hunt that was a lot of fun. We were divided into teams with at least 1 driver and given a list of things to either find, buy, or take pictures of/with. Different items had different point values and the first team back got a bonus. No team was able to locate every item, but it was a lot of fun trying! We all met back at the shul for refreshments and shmoozing while the "judges" tallied the points, and the winning team got a prize of some sort.

I don't remember all of the items, but a few were:
bring back a pizza box
picture of a team member with a sibling taken that night
picture of a unique feature of a house in our neighborhood
random articles of clothing (like pair of suspenders or green shoes- nothing risque)

Obviously you'd have to do things differently for an office, but you could look around the neighborhood and find some funny stuff that people would have to collect or take pictures of.

Iymnok

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 2:51 pm
Are there any inside jokes? Like only 2 staplers for 25 employees or a worker who always has a big purple mug on her desk, or a boss with a peculiar habit...
Those would be more fon and creative than the obvious.

amother
Black

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 10:14 pm
Our party is about 2 hours usually. We order lunch and the boss gives holiday presents.
I want to keep it in our office building...I think it will be more fun Har way but they will be allowed into the other businesses in the building.

Thanks for those clues!

singleagain

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 10:50 pm
amother wrote:

Thanks for those clues!

you're welcome. however, I asked if you were able to get them, I did them in random order... and want to make sure they are actually usable...

also, I would very much appreciate a credit if you do use them, as I did spend 30-45 minutes creating them.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics