Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen
Crock-Pot brand or Hamilton Beach brand 6 qt slow cooker?

Mevater

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 6:03 pm
These 2 seem identical other than the brand name.

Anyone know of differences and pros and cons?

Crock-Pot SCCPVL600S Cook' N Carry 6-Quart Oval Manual Portable Slow Cooker, Stainless Steel

http://www.amazon.com/Crock-Po.....s#Ask

OR

Hamilton Beach 33262 Stay or Go 6-Quart Slow Cooker

http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton.....33262

chani4

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 8:17 pm
I have one of each brand. I like my hamilton better

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 8:24 pm
Me too. I love my Hamilton Beach. Crockpot is good but I only buy if that's the best available in size / shape I need.

Mevater

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 8:58 pm
Thanks chani4 and ra_mom!!!!!

Ive only had Hamilton Beach so far, and I buy new when I break the insert (mine slipped out of my hands and fell in the sink today).

I just read "Crock-Pot" slow cooker reviews on Amazon, and even though there are lots of very good reviews, many complained that their "Crock-Pot" slow cooker was too hot on all settings and was a lemon. Too many lemons.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 9:02 pm
My Pesach crockpot is a Crock-Pot, and I while I like it, the glass cover rattles because the lid is not big enough and water gets between the lid and pot. I stick a piece of parchment paper underneath so that it doesn't rattle and all is good.
But my Hamilton Beach is battered and well loved, used 3 times a week and we have it for ten years ka"h Tongue Out
To me, these are the only two acceptable brands for a crockpot (and Rival, which I believe is Crock-Pot too), but Crock-Pot is second best.

chani4

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 9:20 pm
That's excatly the Hamilton I had and I loved it! My Cholent always came out amazing in it. When it broke the store only had a diff model. Which has a timer. I didn't realize now I'm stuck with it and have to get a new one

Mevater

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 9:45 pm
I just realized that a BP store told me this model is stainless. On Amazon it doesnt say its stainless. Thats strange.

Hamilton Beach 33262 Stay or Go 6-Quart Slow Cooker

http://www.amazon.com/Hamilton.....33262

mazal555

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 10:01 pm
I have the Hamilton one. Walmart online has it a lot cheaper. I think I paid $12 or $14. I like it a lot but can't make broth in it because it comes out burned-tasting. That's my only complaint. I've had it a while.

I never had the crock pot one.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Nov 12 2015, 11:56 pm
What's the difference between the e-commerce and standard packaging? I see there's a $10 difference in price.

tweety1

Post Fri, Nov 13 2015, 12:13 am
I bought a crock pot brand and dumped it 2 weeks later. HATED it. I don't know what we have now. At one point we had a proctor silex and loved it till bowl cracked.

smss

Post Fri, Nov 13 2015, 11:15 am
I've heard (and have googled a lot without really finding anything conclusive) that CrockPot uses a glaze that contains lead, and supposedly Hamilton Beach does not.

baltomom

Post Fri, Nov 13 2015, 11:34 am
I had Crockpots twice and both times they stopped working (on Shabbos! very sad children without cholent) within 2 years of purchase. I think one time it was under warranty and the company replaced for free. After it broke the second time I decided to get a Hamilton Beach. So far so good (but I think it's less than 2 years)...

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Nov 24 2015, 1:15 pm
Crock pot brand is horrible. My cholent would burn in 7 hours on low!! I'm desperate for a new one too, would love to get Hamilton beach, but I would love 7 quarts. Which one should I get?

ra_mom

Post Tue, Nov 24 2015, 1:24 pm
amother wrote:
Crock pot brand is horrible. My cholent would burn in 7 hours on low!! I'm desperate for a new one too, would love to get Hamilton beach, but I would love 7 quarts. Which one should I get?

This one.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/.....lSrch
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Kosher Kitchen