Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Very nervous to fly, should I go?

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Nov 24 2015, 1:25 pm
So, I am so scared to fly right now and don't know what to do. Not only do we need to worry about natural causes but also terrorism now more than ever.
I was planning on going to my nephew's barmitzvah in the USA in January and flying in from overseas with my baby and maybe another two of my kids. should I do it"? is it a good reason to travel or not? I desperately want to see my family back home including the new babies in the family.
What would you do? To go or not to go?

pesek zman

Post Tue, Nov 24 2015, 1:28 pm
Go! Don't let fear and anxiety drive your life!

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Nov 24 2015, 1:30 pm
worried more than anything else about how my husband parents and other children would deal with it if anything happened to me.... chas v'shalom

notshanarishona

Post Tue, Nov 24 2015, 1:35 pm
A big part depends where you are flying from.
In general flying is safe.
I would be nervous to go to certain European countries at this time I.e. Paris/ Belgium, etc. where there have been a lot of incidents but just to fly to U.S. is not a big deal.

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Nov 24 2015, 1:37 pm
notshanarishona wrote:
A big part depends where you are flying from.
In general flying is safe.
I would be nervous to go to certain European countries at this time I.e. Paris/ Belgium, etc. where there have been a lot of incidents but just to fly to U.S. is not a big deal.

I amflying from England...

loveandpeace

Post Tue, Nov 24 2015, 1:42 pm
Pray that Hashem give you clarity. if it's your time to go the angel of death will find you. Pray pray pray for HE is stronger than ISIS

miriamnechama

Post Thu, Dec 03 2015, 11:27 pm
I was debating us I have a simcha but decided to go anyways. and this is also one of the reasons why I booked ELAL cus I know I'll be safe with them.

Chloe

Post Fri, Dec 04 2015, 12:25 am
I also have a fear of flying, but if you think about it, it's not that much of a rationale fear although so many people have it.

It is the safest travelling mode. Safer than a car, train, bus, motorcycle, bicycle, boat etc.

Do you have the same worry you mentioned above, when you get into a car or on the train? If not, then you definitely shouldn't have that worry about a plane, which is much safer.

grace413

Post Fri, Dec 04 2015, 3:49 am
Go. Always go to a family simcha if at all possible.

etky

Post Fri, Dec 04 2015, 4:14 am
Your anxiety, especially as a mother, is valid and understandable but you have to conquer it and go.
You're going to see family that you miss and for a simcha yet - that is important and justifies taking a risk that, if you analyze it, is statistically really very small.
We can't let terror ground us and run our lives, especially when the threat - as in the case of flying from England to the US - is so theoretical.

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, Dec 07 2015, 1:34 pm
I'm based in England, and just clocked nearly 15k miles this past month (rather unusual, crazy travelling month). So far, nothing happened, not even a turbulence.

Preparation can make you feel more comfortable. Wear something comfortable, bring a good book to read/nice music to listen to. Get to the airport with enough time. Know which terminals to get to, what to expect for security check, find the boarding gate early enough. Called your family before you're ready to board, ask them to pray for a safe journey.

If it helps (it does help for me), say tefillat haderech and extra tehillim. Esp after boarding till the flight gets to cruising altitude, and once the flight starts descending. If you're in the mood, strike up a casual conversation with fellow passengers.

Modern aircrafts have multiple layers of safety features. Admittedly in the end it's up to HKBH to grant us safe journey.

Nesia tova.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics