Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Orlando for midwinter: Shabbos? Minyan im?

amother
Pink

Post Sun, Nov 22 2015, 6:22 pm
I'm considering going to Orlando with my kids. It's very important to me that even when away, Shabbos feels like Shabbos. Is there a shul in Orlando? A frum community there? Is it walking distance from the them parks? Thanx.

sky

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 6:20 am
http://www.jewishorlando.com/t.....e.htm

During times when yeshiva is out I believe they have regular minyanim.
We once went the week of Dec 25 and there was no regular minyanim. The shabbos minyan was not near the hotels (we did walk) and it was barely a minyan. During the week there was nothing.
So it really depends when you go.

pesek zman

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 6:47 am
If Shabbos is your primary concern: I'd just go Sunday (or even Saturday night) through Thursday. Can't go the Parks in Shabbos anyway so why do you need to b in walking distance?

sky

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 7:06 am
shul is not walking distance from parks. It is walking distance from some hotels in Orlando. The website has a lot of tourist info.

amother
Pink

Post Mon, Nov 23 2015, 7:39 pm
Thanx so much. I can't go sun- thurs, as I have to work with when my kids have their vacation which is wed- mon. Are their any other Shuls in Orlando or frum community, besides Chabad? If do, are there hotels to stay in walking distance from the shuls/ community?

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Nov 24 2015, 10:16 am
Bump

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Nov 24 2015, 10:48 am
try kosherorlando.com, its the lower east restaurant. reliable kosher restaurant.

amother
Pink

Post Tue, Nov 24 2015, 12:46 pm
Thanx, but confused. The restaurant has info on frum community? Shuls? Hotels near them?

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Nov 24 2015, 7:06 pm
yes.

the lower east side restaurant also functions as a shul and can give u info.

please be aware that the vaad of central florida announced yesterday that kosher grill Orlando has lost their hashgacha and so it is no longer under their kosher supervision.

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Dec 07 2015, 10:15 am
I will be there too. And I worry about the same thing. I will have to make a lot of effort to have it feel like Shabbos.

amother
Honeydew

Post Mon, Dec 07 2015, 12:39 pm
We went years ago and walked to the shliach's house to daven instead of the shul. So I don't know if it is within walking distance to the shul.
We stayed in a Marriot Residence inn. I liked it for shabbos because it was spacious with a nice eating and living area. Also it was on a ground floor with a patio and sliding glass doors which made it much easier to enter and exit on shabbos without worrying about the keys (we left our valuables locked in our car).

smile613

Post Mon, Dec 07 2015, 5:10 pm
There are three steady minyanim a day at Orlando Torah Center 8591 Banyan Blvd. Shachris during the week is 6:45 and sunday at 8. Mincha/Maariv is 15 minutes before shkia. There is also regular shabbos minyanim. The closest hotel to our community is Bay Hill Lodge- which is a 20 minute walk from the shul. Sometimes people in the community rent out their houses to tourists.

Kosher Grill is still kosher-they just switched to a different hashgacha called Orthodox Vaad of Orlando which is run by very respectable Rabbonim from Yeshiva's Chofetz ChaimThe other kosher options is lower east side, The Pantry at Northview (which is not near the tourist area but delivers for a reasonable price) and Kosher Gourmet. Winn Dixie on Apopka Vineland Road (not far from disney) has a large kosher selection.

Mother12

Post Wed, Dec 23 2015, 9:08 am
I am looking to make a minyan in a villa in Orlando. We have 5 men already. We were looking at chamionsgate, a new development. It is a little more than some of the other developments, but ideal for large families, or families interested in sharing a large house. We would be open to other developments. Where are you looking to stay?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics