Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Why doesnt Flatbush have one avenue like 13th Avenue?

amother
Brown

Post Wed, Nov 25 2015, 8:11 am
With frum people living in Flatbush for ages, of all the main shopping avenues in Flatbush (Coney, J, M, Kings Highway), none are as multipurpose as 13th Avenue, where within a few blocks you can get almost everything you could possibly want, and 13th Avenue looks better too. 13th Ave stores are generally nicer, with better quality merchandise and more selection. At best, Flatbush is splintered.

ROFL

Post Wed, Nov 25 2015, 8:19 am
Are we ou kidding. Flatbush stores are much better than 13 th ave. The fact that you have ave J ave M kings highway Coney Island and many more is amazing

rgr

Post Wed, Nov 25 2015, 8:24 am
In recent years, all you can find on 13th Avenue is banks.

Smile1234

Post Wed, Nov 25 2015, 8:35 am
amother wrote:
With frum people living in Flatbush for ages, of all the main shopping avenues in Flatbush (Coney, J, M, Kings Highway), none are as multipurpose as 13th Avenue, where within a few blocks you can get almost everything you could possibly want, and 13th Avenue looks better too. 13th Ave stores are generally nicer, with better quality merchandise and more selection. At best, Flatbush is splintered.

If you prefer shopping on 13th avenue, please shop on 13th avenue. No one is stopping you.

I personally never thought of Flatbush shopping as sub-par to 13th avenue shopping... IMO it is more pleasant.

yo'ma

Post Wed, Nov 25 2015, 8:40 am
I personally like one or two stores that sell the same thing rather than 15 stores that sell the same thing.

amother
Amethyst

Post Wed, Nov 25 2015, 9:25 am
I like Flatbush, it's much nicer. BP is way too crowded.

bnm

Post Wed, Nov 25 2015, 9:27 am
I'm from Boro Park and have actually gone to Avenue J to shop- I went to Sweet Things then continued to Freunds and Shell Station and J stores and we actually have all 3 in Boro Park. What we don't have in Boro Park is Carlos and Gabbi... makes the trip and parking worth it Wink

HonesttoGod

Post Wed, Nov 25 2015, 12:20 pm
This makes me laugh so hard - when was the last time you were at 13th Avenue? Or is just "the name" that is calling to you.
Now a days you are much better off on 16th Avenue or even 18th Avenue.

I love Flatbush shopping, I always go there - Coney Island, Ave J and Ave M are all fabulous with everything you need (and no crazy amount of banks either).

sequoia

Post Wed, Nov 25 2015, 1:16 pm
We do. It's called Avenue M.

Ok Pomegranate is on L Smile

yo'ma

Post Wed, Nov 25 2015, 4:15 pm
Don't stores in flabush, generally, open earlier than the stores in boro park? I know it used to be like that, but I don't know anymore.

MadameX

Post Wed, Nov 25 2015, 4:19 pm
My one stop shop isn't an Avenue, it's Target!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics