Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Did any of you ever visit the Kaliver Rebbe in Williamsburg?

rimon613

Post Tue, Nov 24 2015, 11:45 pm
What was your experience?

Maya

Post Wed, Nov 25 2015, 4:38 am
I have unfortunately never spoken to him personally, but I davened with him at his shul for many years. My parents have spoken to him, and some family members are close with him.

In my opinion, if you're going to speak to a Rebbe, he is the only one worth speaking to. He's a smart man, has seen more of the world than any other Rebbe, and the fact that he will refuse to take a penny from you speaks to his altruism.

I know he is still taking appointments despite being very sick.

elisheva25

Post Wed, Nov 25 2015, 7:34 am
me & my husband went to him for a bracha for Parnassa & Advice.... He didn't talk to me, just my husband . I think he is the real deal. told my husband all will be ok, gave some advice as to what he should personally do. Didn't take a penny.

Butterfly

Post Wed, Nov 25 2015, 11:17 am
The Kaliver Rebbe shlita is a tzaddik emes which is unique in today's generation...
And as Maya has already mentioned, he is also very smart and knowledgeable.
People visit him not only for his brachos, but for his advice as well.

Our family is closely acquainted with him.
We were closely acquainted with his father, the previous Kaliver Rebbe ztz'l as well.
In fact, my son who lives in Williamsburg (very far from Kaliver shul) davens by him every Shabbas and Yom tov, rain or shine...

In defense of the other Rebbe's who accept money, you guys make it sound as if those rabbanim charge ('take') money for a bracha or else...

In previous generations (as well as today) it was always customary to give 'kvittel' money to a Rebbe as a zchus for pidyon nefesh. There was never a specific charge for it. The tzaddikim used to give the entire kvittel money for tzedakah, hachnasas kallah, almanos, matan beseiser and such.

During many instances poor people would give a small amount of 'kvittel' / pidyon nefesh money, while during that same visit the rebbe would present them with enormous amounts of (tzedaka) money...

It is known that the Kaliver Rebbe's policy is not to accept money from the rich or poor alike.
He has allot of money, belee eiyen hora, and gives huge sums of money for tzedakah on his own B"H.

He used to travel around the world during his entire life doing askanos for yiddishkeit, all of it on his own expenses.

May he have a Refuah Sheleimah and continue with his avodas hakodesh till Moshiach's day, bekarov beyameinu, Amein.

amother
Rose

Post Wed, Nov 25 2015, 3:38 pm
True tzaddik. He came to our community and DH went to him for a brochah reagrding our secondary infertility. I had taken Femara that month but thought I missed my window since I bled 10 days and wouldn't get to mikvah til day 18. He said to DH, "your wife is going to have a ----insert specific gender here )" and 9 months later I did.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics