Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Immersion blender and other black friday deals

seeker

Post Wed, Nov 25 2015, 11:35 pm
I'm looking at this immersion blender:
http://www1.macys.com/shop/pro.....R=BAG
I see the thing around the blade is plastic. Does that mean it can't be used directly in a hot pot? It doesn't say, but my previous hand blender is mostly plastic and warned not to use straight in a hot pot. Should I spend a few extra $ and just get the metal one at Amazing Savings? Or is this a good one?

Also trying to figure out whether it's worth buying this
http://www1.macys.com/shop/pro.....R=BAG
There are other good blender deals on better blenders but I really don't have a blender budget going on right now. So the question is is an $8 blender a worthy impulse, or is it better to skip and wait for my ship to come in instead of spending the $8 on junk? Anyone have this one? It seems to go on sale every black friday, IIRC, and is not too expensive the rest of the year but for $20 I don't need junk. for $8 maybe I do Tongue Out

Also on the lookout for a good printer deal, haven't seen anything exciting yet, if you see one please share!

And pajamas. Just regular cotton pajamas. Macys has the ones I like but not a single one in the size I need. Sigh.

What are you up to this lovely black friday? (yes, it's Wednesday. Get with the program Rolling Eyes)

seeker

Post Wed, Nov 25 2015, 11:38 pm
Oh yeah and last year I bought my little one a plush throw blanket really cheap. A year later and my big one is still jealous. Maybe I should just buy her a blanket (she already has a blanket. It is nice and thick and soft and a perfect size to cover her well and not get tangled up. And she kicks it off as soon as she falls asleep every. single. night. But she is consumed with envy that I bought her little sister a super soft blanket because she didn't have any blanket, and didn't get her anything.)

Rosemarie

Post Thu, Nov 26 2015, 8:56 am
I dont know anything about the immersion blender you linked. But I recently replaced my milchig and fleishig immersion blenders with the ones from amazing savings. I had a Braun for one and another company, dont remember which, for the other. I am very not happy with the amazing savings ones. They just dont have strong enough power to blend things well like my old ones did. I tried blending some canned fruits and was left with big pieces that the blender couldn't smash.

seeker

Post Thu, Nov 26 2015, 9:07 am
Thanks for the tip.

Rosemarie

Post Thu, Nov 26 2015, 9:10 am
seeker wrote:
Thanks for the tip.

With pleasure. Just by the way, if you end up shopping locally, I saw the same amazing savings model in the buzz. So be careful what you buy there too. Only buy a trusted company.

kb

Post Thu, Nov 26 2015, 9:11 am
Printer deal

I don't know about quality, but the price is right.

http://bargainboutiquedeals.co.....g-69/

seeker

Post Thu, Nov 26 2015, 12:05 pm
Thanks for the lead! My hesitation with walmart is that I don't have a store nearby so if I would want to return that would be a pain. Also need $50 for free shipping. Hmmmm.

groisamomma

Post Thu, Nov 26 2015, 3:32 pm
My plastic immersion blender melted when I used it in a hot pot of soup.

seeker

Post Thu, Nov 26 2015, 4:19 pm
Yeah but maybe different plastic ones are made of different plastics. I looked at the instruction booklet for this online, it doesn't explicitly say you can use it in soup but it doesn't say you can't, and it includes soup recipes in which it says to remove the pot from the burner and let it sit 2-3 minutes before blending. IME 2-3 minutes doesn't cool down a pot of soup much. So maybe this is meant for heat. Or maybe I'm doing too much wishful thinking. In any case for $10 if it melts in my soup I'll be more upset about the soup than the blender!

OOTBubby

Post Thu, Nov 26 2015, 4:54 pm
I had a few plastic ones. Never had a problem with melting, but on all of them the plastic broke after using for a little while. After that I switched to the all metal Cuisinart ones and never had a problem. I think I have 5 of them; milchig, fleishig & parve plus fleishig & parve for Pesach.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars