Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
$700 budget

wiki

Post Tue, Nov 24 2015, 9:24 pm
If I'm looking for a generic darkish brown, straight, untreated hair, 16-or-so-inch sheitel, already cut and styled, is there a good place in the NYC area where I might find one? I would prefer to not spend more than $700.

yidisheh mama

Post Tue, Nov 24 2015, 9:30 pm
irenes wigs. in boro park. my mother has a wig from there and is very happy. I can get her phone number later if you want it, but I cant get through to my mother now.

cnc

Post Tue, Nov 24 2015, 9:32 pm
yidisheh mama wrote:
irenes wigs. in boro park. my mother has a wig from there and is very happy. I can get her phone number later if you want it, but I cant get through to my mother now.

The OP specified untreated hair.
The Irenes in that price range are most likely treated.

yidisheh mama

Post Tue, Nov 24 2015, 9:44 pm
sorry-missed that detail

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Nov 24 2015, 9:51 pm
This might be useful in "Cappuccino" color. It isn't as long as it looks. Judging from the measurements. It might graze your shoulder. These models have small heads.

http://www.voguewigs.com/vinta......html

You can use it for your run-to-the-store-in-the-rain wig, later.

sima

Post Wed, Nov 25 2015, 12:26 pm
chanukah sales are coming up so I think you should be able to find something. I don't know about the processed part though. I once got a JAP wig a few years ago and was very happy with it

wiki

Post Wed, Nov 25 2015, 9:28 pm
Thanks for the replies so far.

I recently considered a Michal wig at $650 (untreated, dark brown, 17 or 18 inches), and it seemed like great hair at a good price, but it was hard to tell how it looked on me because it was a bit too long and unstyled, and I would rather dish out the money for something that I can already tell will look good on me.

rowo

Post Thu, Nov 26 2015, 12:55 am
Binah wigs in crown heights was having a sale.
I don't know if it's still going.
Beautiful wigs for amazing prices

lifesagift

Post Thu, Nov 26 2015, 1:46 am
Freedas wigs has a sale right now on their website. All untreated hair

rising hero

Post Thu, Nov 26 2015, 6:51 am
wiki wrote:
Thanks for the replies so far.

I recently considered a Michal wig at $650 (untreated, dark brown, 17 or 18 inches), and it seemed like great hair at a good price, but it was hard to tell how it looked on me because it was a bit too long and unstyled, and I would rather dish out the money for something that I can already tell will look good on me.

Very often if you cut where you bought it they dont charge you for cutting or they charge much less.

wiki

Post Thu, Nov 26 2015, 9:39 pm
Thanks you lifesagift for the Freeda's suggestion. There are a few wigs on the site that meet all criteria, except that they're $789. I will look into them further. It might just be that that's the best deal around.

legalos

Post Mon, Dec 14 2015, 4:51 pm
Try Mops Sheital Consignment in Hillside NJ or Doppelganger Wigs in Monsey (they ship). There are a lot of great options at both places. If you have Facebook you can look up pictures of some of the things they have in stock or message them.

cnc

Post Mon, Dec 14 2015, 5:19 pm
rowo wrote:
Binah wigs in crown heights was having a sale.
I don't know if it's still going.
Beautiful wigs for amazing prices

How much do the Binahs usually run for?

miami85

Post Mon, Dec 14 2015, 6:00 pm
I got a Mazali about 2 years ago at a sale that with the cut was probably within your budget--I got a 14", but the 16" was not that much more expensive (at the sale they didn't have the color I liked in my size) and I've been very happy with it.

sky

Post Mon, Dec 14 2015, 6:28 pm
I also got a Mazali at a sale, 6 years ago and until very recently loved it.

But I believe Mazali sheitels are made with treated hair.

miami85

Post Mon, Dec 14 2015, 6:39 pm
sky wrote:
I also got a Mazali at a sale, 6 years ago and until very recently loved it.

But I believe Mazali sheitels are made with treated hair.

True they are treated, but they feel nice and wear well.

Maryann

Post Mon, Dec 14 2015, 7:36 pm
Really!?
I got a mazali it's really really not a good wig at all, I was really not happy with it

SmileUrJewish

Post Mon, Dec 14 2015, 10:24 pm
If you are interested in looking at consignment shops, they sell beautiful things at really affordable prices! I was just looking online at a few places and they had quite a few in your price range. Try Lena's Sheitels and Doppelganger. They all have updated Facebook pages with pics and prices. (I have been incredibly happy with the high-quality sheitel that I bought on consignment... and it was even brand new when I got it!) Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels