Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
How much should I pay for this (bookkeeping)?
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Thu, Nov 26 2015, 2:14 pm
GoldFlowers wrote:
Is this your first time hiring an employee?

No! I am just trying to understand the 2 opinions on here that in reality bookkeepers are making 40k a year yet people on here and in IRL are telling me to offer more. Even possible hirees wanted more, but I have yet to hear from a single imamother on here that as a bookkeeper she is actually making more!!
One or two people mentioned making more,but it seems as if they have more responsibility than a regular bookkeeper

MagentaYenta

Post Thu, Nov 26 2015, 2:18 pm
amother wrote:
No! I am just trying to understand the 2 opinions on here that in reality bookkeepers are making 40k a year yet people on here and in IRL are telling me to offer more. Even possible hirees wanted more, but I have yet to hear from a single imamother on here that as a bookkeeper she is actually making more!!
One or two people mentioned making more,but it seems as if they have more responsibility than a regular bookkeeper

You can go to your states dept of labor pages. If you search through it you can get data (based on position description) of what bookkeepers get paid in your state/area.

amother
Magenta

Post Thu, Nov 26 2015, 2:39 pm
I am the bookkeeper who posted earlier that I make 46k a yr 30hrs a week and have an accounting degree. If this job is simply paying bills, entering payments and reconciling and is only 30-35 hrs a week than 40k seems like a very reasonable rate. You say you are in NY/NJ - why don't you call up PCS and tell them you are looking for someone. Tell them what you are willing to pay and the experience that you want and they will send you resumes that fit your bill. I never hired anyone through them but when I was looking for a job they were extremely helpful.

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Dec 02 2015, 3:44 pm
just wondering if you found someone and how much are you paying them. I am a bookkeeper myself and curious what ended happening with this....

amother
Saddlebrown

Post Wed, Dec 02 2015, 4:30 pm
My partner is actually out of the country for the business this week so we halted the interviewing/hiring.
What is PCS?

amother
Magenta

Post Wed, Dec 02 2015, 5:20 pm
pcs is a branch of the agudah and they do job placement. they have a branch in lkwd and brooklyn and could be more. please keep us posted. im curious and good luck to you!

amother
Ivory

Post Wed, Dec 02 2015, 6:17 pm
I am a bookkeeper working in the Bergen County area. I have made $50,000 in the past for 28 hours a week. I am currently interviewing for positions that are in that ballpark. Working hourly, I generally get paid somewhere in the $35 an hour range. Yes, there are positions that pay less and people who take them. Most women at my stage are making similar salaries. You can definitely find someone younger for less depending on your needs.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics