Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Am I nuts to look for a new job?
Previous  1  2

amother
Lawngreen

Post Fri, Nov 27 2015, 11:15 am
OP. The biggest perk to my current job is the location. I was actively looking for a new job at one point but realized that in order for me to get a job that pays well in the field I am going to have to work full time in the beginning. I already "earned my keep" here and they were willing to work with me as far as cutting hours. I do not believe there is a job out there with all my current perks (especially a five min walk from my house) and with the things I am looking for. I have to really decide if I am willing to take the jump and leave my comfortable yet mind numbing dead end job and work longer hours further away yet enjoy what I do. It really bothers me that I have no pride in my what I do. When I people ask me what I do I tell them I work in xyz office but I got my degree and never left cuz they kept me. I feel the need to add that in to state that Im really better than my current job....I really wish I can just say Im a speech therapist, teacher whatever and take pride in what I did. to the person who said I keep apologizing. I am NOT sorry for the length of this post. Its not that I personally feel stepped on. Its the overall attitude of sexism in the office and I think it is sadly present it all frum organizations more so than in corporate america.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics