Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Shtisel - WITH spoilers :) including season 3
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5 75  76  77  Next

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Nov 24 2015, 4:44 pm
I found many season 1 episodes on Daily motion. First search Shtisel on the site, then click on season 2 first episode. On the right side you'll get options of season 1 episodes. They are posted by Lucygirl.You may be able to search by the name of the poster.

Anyone know when episode 5 of Season 2 will be publicly available? !

amother
Mistyrose

Post Thu, Nov 26 2015, 4:25 pm
amother wrote:
Oh. Libi. I thought she looked familiar. And now that you mention it, Mrs. Beifus is the aunt in Fill the Void?

Yes, Libi is Shira in Fill the Void and Mrs.Beifus is the aunt without arms in Fill the Void.

Interesting that they added them to this season - I guess since they already had experience acting as chareidim it was a good choice.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Nov 26 2015, 4:27 pm
amother wrote:
Yes, Libi is Shira in Fill the Void and Mrs.Beifus is the aunt without arms in Fill the Void.

Interesting that they added them to this season - I guess since they already had experience acting as chareidim it was a good choice.
and I saw somewhere that libi plays in another film as a charedi woman as well. I guess shes good at that role Smile

ETA: here is the other movie that she plays in - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt36.....nf_i2

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sat, Nov 28 2015, 4:45 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
and I saw somewhere that libi plays in another film as a charedi woman as well. I guess shes good at that role Smile

ETA: here is the other movie that she plays in - http://www.imdb.com/title/tt36.....nf_i2

Hey, where can we watch that one for free?

rainbow dash

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 9:01 am
http://shtisel.com/he/ע&.....1;-5/

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 9:25 am
rainbow dash wrote:
http://shtisel.com/he/עונה-2-פרק-5/

Thanks a million

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 9:43 am
rainbow dash wrote:

Thanks a million

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 12:16 pm
Awesome! Can we discuss?!

rainbow dash

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 1:22 pm
amother wrote:
Awesome! Can we discuss?!

Totally

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 1:30 pm
Ok, so from the beginning I did not like Shulem and I'm fuming at him now! He's just socially off in every area and always was.
Who thinks something will happen between Akiva and the Levy girl - I forgot her fist name - who recommended him?
I love Gitty's flashbacks!
I don't get where they are going with Ruchami and Chanina. What do you think?

WastingTime

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 2:42 pm
rainbow dash wrote:

Yay! I spent time looking for the next episode last night and couldn't find it anywhere. In the meantime I have been getting through season 1 since I never saw it. But right now everyone is in bed and I have 20 minutes until dh comes home.
I know what I am doing....

THANKS! Very Happy

rainbow dash

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 2:45 pm
I'm shocked at what akivas father did during the ceremony. Disgusting. I think ruchami will now get a get. What boy gets married and then says that his own wife is bothering his learning so he's leaving her and were are his parents?

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 2:52 pm
rainbow dash wrote:
I'm shocked at what akivas father did during the ceremony. Disgusting. I think ruchami will now get a get. What boy gets married and then says that his own wife is bothering his learning so he's leaving her and were are his parents?

I was also wondering where Chanina's parents are. He does tell Ruchami that no one ever cared about him.
Chanina is not a healthy person. In real life, no one would ever think it was amazing for someone to learn alone (no chavrusa, empty beis medrash) all day and all night or to do crazy things like burning himself, which is totally assur. I diagnose him with OCD. He is pushing himself towards a mental breakdown if he doesn't get help soon.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 2:59 pm
And also, why is no one teaching Ruchami about Taharas Hamishpacha?
What about a kesubah?

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 3:06 pm
amother wrote:
And also, why is no one teaching Ruchami about Taharas Hamishpacha?
What about a kesubah?

I don't think the ones writing the show want to deal with those issues. Chanina and Ruchumi are like two little kids playing house.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 3:15 pm
amother wrote:
I don't think the ones writing the show want to deal with those issues. Chanina and Ruchumi are like two little kids playing house.

Right, except that it's yichud. Smile

amother
Amber

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 3:34 pm
amother wrote:
Right, except that it's yichud. Smile

Obliviously this story line doesn't happen in real life, so there is going to be things that don't make sense.

If this ever happened these kids would be brought to a Rav and the situation rectified.

Sadie

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 3:36 pm
amother wrote:
Ok, so from the beginning I did not like Shulem and I'm fuming at him now! He's just socially off in every area and always was.
Who thinks something will happen between Akiva and the Levy girl - I forgot her fist name - who recommended him?
I love Gitty's flashbacks!
I don't get where they are going with Ruchami and Chanina. What do you think?

I always think of Shulem as being very flawed but ultimately well meaning but I couldn't believe what he did to Akiva at the ceremony. It was so cruel.
Gitty's flashbacks showing her making a rash decision and going against her parents (who ultimately turn out to be right) really sheds light on why she's being so tough on Ruchami. And poor Ruchami!! Shulem hit the nail on the head when he said she was trying to create a home because she didn't feel like she had one. I agree with the poster who said he seems like Chanina is heading for a breakdown. She's better off without him but it's still so sad that he's going to abandon her.
I think it's a huge oversight on the part of the writers that Ruchami's family is not making sure that her marital status is clear. As it stands she's in halachic limbo and since she refused the idea of a get and insists on living with her husband they should be making sure that it's kosher.

November

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 4:13 pm
I agree with poster above who said that it's TV and the writers want to deal with the relationships and not necessarily all the details, halachic or otherwise.
I also love the Gitty flashbacks.
I don't really get what happened that ended Akiva and Libi. Did Libi choose him and her father said No? It really seemed like she was ready to deal with her feelings for Akiva and then she up and left.

November

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 4:15 pm
4sons wrote:
Yay! I spent time looking for the next episode last night and couldn't find it anywhere. In the meantime I have been getting through season 1 since I never saw it. But right now everyone is in bed and I have 20 minutes until dh comes home.
I know what I am doing....

THANKS! Very Happy

Where did you find Season 1? I've only been able to watch what's on YouTube, which is episode 1,2 and 9. If you have a link, that would be awesome.
Page 4 of 77   Previous  1  2  3  4  5 75  76  77  Next Recent Topics