Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Homeschooling
Update on Torah Home Education Conference 5776/2016

yaelinIN

Post Sun, Nov 29 2015, 8:15 pm
Greetings intrepid homeschoolers,

I know you have been waiting patiently for an update on the Torah Home Education/Jewish Homeschooling conference. I remain interested and enthusiastic about creating a conference for 2016/5776. During the initial conference call, I heard a good number of people who were also excited about having a conference as well. However, I am concerned that the number of people on the call or who have contacted me privately is small. A conference of this size requires a large pool of active volunteers and I cannot take on as much as I did last time (food, vendors, IT/recordings, and overall management) and continue homeschooling and my general life tasks.

No one person has to take on massive tasks; larger tasks can be broken down into manageable chunks and I am happy to help you plan how to get that part completed. I am sure that without significant staffing I can put the same type of conference together as in the past (with food, vendors, conference binder, conference bags).

I have created a Google Spreadsheet with the main tasks that need occur to make a successful conference. The link is here: THE Conference Volunteer Sign Up Page. If you want to help, please put your name and contact information down and I will contact you ASAP. You don't have to be an active homeschooler or an experienced homeschooler, but you have to able and willing to take your task and follow it to its completion.

I look forward to working with you to create a successful and engaging conference for Jewish homeschoolers!

Lots of homeschool love from Boston,
Yael Aldrich
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling -> Homeschooling