Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
Being a gracious giver is so expensive...

bigsis144

Post Tue, Dec 01 2015, 12:22 pm
Any ideas for inexpensive gifts for parents and in-laws?

I had some sticker shock when I, thinking I got a great cyber Monday deal on flower delivery, tried to have flowers delivered to both sets of grandparents for Shabbos Chanuka, but it was like $70 for two small-ish bouquets.

I wish I was that wonderful, thoughtful relative who could find great, personal gifts for everyone in my family, but IT IS SO HARD TO DO THAT WITH NO BUDGET AND NO CREATIVITY.

Do I just bite the bullet and spend the money, saying it's an investment in the relationship??????

Raisin

Post Tue, Dec 01 2015, 12:57 pm
I would appreciate homemade cookies much more then flowers. I'm not a big flower person.

Or buy some cheap frames and stick pictures of the kids in them. Or make a photo book with snaps from the last year.

bh we only give chanuka gelt/gifts to our kids.

bigsis144

Post Tue, Dec 01 2015, 1:05 pm
One more thing to add -- none of our family lives in our town, so EVERYTHING must be shipped.

So even just a baby book and hat for neice or box of homemade cookies adds up.

I just wish I could be generous, cheaply.

Because I love my family so much! I email photos regularly and talk frequently, but there's just something about giving a gift that says, "You mean a lot to me."

amother
Slateblue

Post Tue, Dec 01 2015, 1:29 pm
I have been giving beautiful picture frames with pictures of our kids each year. Not too expensive and something I know my parents and ILs enjoy. It is getting a little old after so many years. If I had planned further ahead I could have had a calendar with family pictures printed or something like that, but of course I procrastinated again.

gande

Post Tue, Dec 01 2015, 1:34 pm
You can order order online and have it shipped over from amazon if you have prime. I saw some nice custom jewelry on neiman Marcus for under $20. A cookbook for the women and something for the car for the men is nice . Whatever you can find free shipping and cheap will do. It's the thought that counts. I give you credit for what you are doing.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics