Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Interior designer in bp
1  2  Next

amother
Ecru

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 7:46 am
Looking for an interior designer in bp. I dunno how much they charge but is there such a thing as a not expensive interior designer? I like someone who is not so much into modern style. I like more what you would call old fashioned and traditional.

Queen6

Post Sun, Sep 06 2015, 5:17 pm
Call Dassy Schwartz 908-783-9801
She is from Lakewood but willing to travel. She is not so expensive. She will make you happy with whatever kind of taste you have.

Rosemarie

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 8:23 am
Any recommendation for a decorator in Brooklyn? Would rather not use someone from Lakewood, as I would have to pay an average of 3 extra hours for traveling time each time she comes in.
News with phone numbers would be appreciated. If she has Instagram, Facebook... then her page name would be great too

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 11:27 am
Shaindy Brach from accentuations by design is very good designer the traditional style.

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 12:52 pm
There's a devory Friedman I hear people are very happy with bit I don't have her info.
She lives in BP and works well with your taste and budget.

amother
Amethyst

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 1:04 pm
I used Deborah Friedman was very happy with her but for more traditional style I would recommend Shaindy Brach. Deborah is more modern contemporary style.

amother
Vermilion

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 1:19 pm
amother wrote:
I used Deborah Friedman was very happy with her but for more traditional style I would recommend Shaindy Brach. Deborah is more modern contemporary style.

Oh funny because I wanted to use her but I heard she's too traditional for my (modern) home.
It's possible though. I can only post what I hear about her!

Rosemarie

Post Mon, Nov 30 2015, 2:24 pm
amother wrote:
Shaindy Brach from accentuations by design is very good designer the traditional style.

Will she try to sell me everything from accentuations by design, or will she pull together pieces from different places to work with a budget?

Rosemarie

Post Tue, Dec 01 2015, 10:52 am
Bump. Any other recommendations?

amother
Ecru

Post Tue, Dec 01 2015, 6:09 pm
Mimi lerner 917-771-5070. I was extremely happy with her. Very reasonable $100 an hour. Not a youngster. She's been around the block. I used her recently.

12rivkyk34

Post Tue, Dec 01 2015, 6:44 pm
I 2nd Dassy Schwartz from LKWD- she's amazing, talented & not so expensive & can have you come to LKWD for a day so you don't pay for travel time. She's done beautiful work. Check out her Instagram.

amother
Turquoise

Post Tue, Dec 01 2015, 8:31 pm
amother wrote:
Mimi lerner 917-771-5070. I was extremely happy with her. Very reasonable $100 an hour. Not a youngster. She's been around the block. I used her recently.

Another vote here. People I know that used her are happy with her and many of her clients have been eith her for years and in several of their homes.

Rosemarie

Post Tue, Dec 01 2015, 9:57 pm
amother wrote:

Is she online anywhere so that I can see pictures of her work?

I checked out Dassy Schwartz on Instagram and doesn't look like my style at all. What she tagged as sophisticated I would describe as cluttered and way too busy, just didn't see any pictured that I liked. I did see someone else on Instagram with gorgeous pics that I loved, but she is also in Lakewood. Anyone ever used Ruchmy Schwartz?

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Dec 01 2015, 10:02 pm
Check out "ag designs" on instagram. Her name is idy grunhut. She's really amazing.

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Feb 08 2016, 4:39 pm
Why would anyone publicly write a negative opinion on someone?

Rosemarie

Post Mon, Feb 08 2016, 4:46 pm
amother wrote:
Why would anyone publicly write a negative opinion on someone?

I am really sorry if I can across this way. I really meant it to mean that we have very different styles, and while I know people who would go for her style, I dont want this type of decor so we would not work too well together. Was just trying to explain why I dont want to try her and what type of person I am looking for. Tho I see now how it came across as negative. I should be more careful.

Maya

Post Mon, Feb 08 2016, 4:53 pm
(Question about these Instagram accounts: How do you know which rooms were done by the designer and which photos are pasted from magazines and other places? I can't figure out which is which)

amother
Rose

Post Mon, Feb 08 2016, 5:05 pm
usually it says the credit, and you could tell the quality sometimes of the pic

gumby

Post Mon, Feb 08 2016, 5:20 pm
I also find it confusing ... Just checked out one of the above designers and about 98% of the photos are not her design. I only know this because I am involved in design and know the pictures. People do not give proper credit

cnc

Post Mon, Feb 08 2016, 5:30 pm
I've seen Aidy Grunhut's work. She does an excellent job.
I believe the pictures are all her work as I know many of her clients.
Sometimes, decorators post photos for inspiration, but you can get an idea of what their taste and style is based on what they post.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics