Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
San Bernardino shootings, today. Terrorism or not?
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

San Bernardino shootings. Terrorism or not?
Yes, this will be found to be an act of Muslim or other terrorism  
 81%  [ 71 ]
No, this will not be found to be an act of Muslim or other terrorism.  
 18%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 87

zaq

Post Sun, Dec 06 2015, 10:42 am
To answer the original question, this will be found, at least on college campuses across the US, to be an act of "freedom fighting by an oppressed minority". Rolling Eyes Aren't they always?

from http://www.amny.com/news

"A man shouted he was Muslim and wanted to kill Jews before punching an employee of a Jewish bookstore on the Upper West Side Tuesday, police said.
The suspect first walked into the West Side Judaica & Bookstore on Broadway and started shouting anti-Semitic statements at about 1:15 p.m., police said. An employee then told the suspect to leave but the man planted himself on the street in front of the store, near West 89th Street, and continued shouting.
"[Expletive] you Jews, I'll kill you all," the man said. "I'm Muslim."
The employee then came out to tell him to go away, but the man punched him in the right eye and rode off on a scooter.
The incident was being investigated as a possible hate crime police said.

Ya think?

Amarante

Post Sun, Dec 06 2015, 6:31 pm
This was a very good article from today's LA Times analyzing the difference between the terrorist activities that are directed by centralized organizations like 9/11 and Paris and the terrorists that are inspired by ISIS but not directed by them like San Berdoo. Although even those isolated terrorists like the Boston Maraathon and the Army Major who shot up the military base has some contact with an organization albeit fleetingly.

Worth a read though.

http://touch.latimes.com/#sect.....1655/

MagentaYenta

Post Sun, Dec 06 2015, 7:53 pm
TY for the link Amarante. With what I've learned from the news so far the Mrs. seems to have been radicalized but not a 'member' of ISIS. Farooks father just came out and said that his son was a supporter of ISIS and radicalized. No mention was made as to whether he was an actual member.

In the meantime Marco Rubio just said that he can't understand how a local gun shop sold weapons to a terrorist. Poor Marco has little understanding of what it takes to buy a gun in CA or what the button loophole in CA gun law is. Rubio also thinks that individuals on the no fly list should be able to buy guns in the US. In the mean time Ted Cruz has started a new PAC to protect Americans gun rights. I'm sure the NRA will be dropping some money into that black hole.

One item in this whole tragedy that gets me to thinking is the amount of weaponry owned and the IEDs. It would seem that they had plans for more acts of terrorism. Did they really think they could get out of the shooting alive and move on to more damage or was something said in the meeting that triggered him? Contrary to most reports the a.m. session of the meeting was a working session. The afternoon session was to be the holiday party.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics