Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Lost doughnut recipe
Previous  1  2

imasinger

Post Tue, Dec 15 2009, 2:04 pm
Boys"R"Us wrote:
Haven't tried this myself yet... but my friend did and said they were the best ever... secret ingredient? Potatoes! Go figure LOL

http://www.secretdonutrecipe.com/recipe1.html

~Debbie

I made these last night. They were amazing.

PinkFridge

Post Fri, Dec 18 2009, 12:02 pm
Greenfire, I made your doughnuts - actually I made them into doughnut holes (hope that isn't some form of heresy), got over 2 and a half dozen and am letting everyone have one, hiding the rest for tonight. It's a keeper!

greenfire

Post Fri, Dec 18 2009, 12:12 pm
lol - I made little ones or sort of medium and they can't seem to stay put ... POOF ... although the jelly ones were a non hit (we only made 2) cause the jelly tasted like "jello" ... the maple glazed and custard were the best ...

oh and I had to add another cup of flour to the dough cause it was waaaaay toooo stiiiiccky ...

but they were yummmmm !!!

greenfire

Post Thu, Dec 24 2009, 12:21 pm
time to make more doughnuts - time to make more doughnuts ...

Ronit

Post Thu, Dec 24 2009, 12:23 pm
Yum send me some.

greenfire

Post Thu, Dec 24 2009, 12:29 pm
yeah I'm having a craving ... dough is rising now ... come back in an hour Wink

Ronit

Post Thu, Dec 24 2009, 12:32 pm
You're seriously putting up donuts one bright thursday afternoon?

greenfire

Post Thu, Dec 24 2009, 12:50 pm
yup !!! Mr. Green

greenfire

Post Thu, Dec 24 2009, 3:43 pm
Help they're like m&m's - can't stop eating them ... Help

proud mama

Post Thu, Dec 05 2013, 11:40 am
Just wanted to point out that in Greenfire's recipe it says 2 T. warm water then 3/8 cup warm water. The 2T. is probably sugar. I made it and it flopped the first time added sugar the second time and it came out delicious!

This recipe is a keeper. Thanks for Sharing.

greenfire

Post Mon, Dec 07 2015, 11:08 am
proud mama wrote:
Just wanted to point out that in Greenfire's recipe it says 2 T. warm water then 3/8 cup warm water. The 2T. is probably sugar. I made it and it flopped the first time added sugar the second time and it came out delicious!

This recipe is a keeper. Thanks for Sharing.

In actuality the extra sugar is NOT the case in hand. What you are mis-reading is the original 2 TBS warm water is for the yeast whilst the other warm water is simply because I changed 6 oz of warm milk to a 50%/50% ratio of pareve rich's coffee creamer & water for a closer taste to that of milk ... something I tend to do for cakes in general that call for milk.

There is plenty of sugar added with fillings & glazes to make these sweeter - especially since there is sugar in the recipe as well. Some fillings I use are custard [bought & homemade], jelly [I think I should make green lime curd with tequilla like I did for purim], I've put in homemade cranberry relish, maple glaze [just add enough maple syrup to confectionery sugar], simple powdered sugar, chocolate ganache [melted chocolate chips with a little pareve milk or whip] ... let your taste-buds get creative !!!

Also I did mention that more flour was added so the mixture isn't so gooey ... but you also need to let it rest ... and then liberally flour your working surface & the rolling pin. Another hint/tip is not to press too hard when rolling as you do not want the dough to stick to the rolling pin - gentle but firm with flour. I cut them out with a glass drinking cup dipped in the flour - small & cute so you can have more than one. Also I make tiny round donut popems with a soda cap or bottom of a pastry decorating tip. Leave them rise on a sprinkle of flour as well so they come off the surface without popping as you transfer them to the hot frying oil for deep frying.

Now ... it's TIME TO MAKE THE DOUGHNUTS !!!
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics