Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Time of flight

miriamnechama

Post Thu, Dec 03 2015, 1:06 am
On my Return flight I have 2 choices from London with ELAL. 2.30pm or 10.30pm which would you choose and why?

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Dec 03 2015, 3:12 am
If I was taking the train from Ben-Gurion, I'd factor in whether the trains were running when I needed them - it might be too late or too early.

miriamnechama

Post Thu, Dec 03 2015, 5:01 am
Soory wasn't clear on a return flight from London to TLV. train doesn't bother me cus we have a car and dh usually picks me up.

What more concerns me is that if I take the earlier flight home I'll feel bad that I didn't really get to say goodbye to my disabled dad and also the later flight enables me to spend more time with him..

however I don't sleep well on those flights and I need to be back at work the next day...

myself

Post Thu, Dec 03 2015, 7:31 am
I vote against overnight flights whenever possible. I don't sleep well/at all on the plane and find it's easier to get over jet lag when you can get a good night's sleep upon your arrival.

luppamom

Post Thu, Dec 03 2015, 7:33 am
I also don't like overnight flights. I'd rather get to my destination once it's a reasonable time to sleep local time.

Liveandlearn

Post Thu, Dec 03 2015, 8:52 am
I would take the 2:30 flight.

cbg

Post Thu, Dec 03 2015, 9:10 am
miriamnechama wrote:
Soory wasn't clear on a return flight from London to TLV. train doesn't bother me cus we have a car and dh usually picks me up.

What more concerns me is that if I take the earlier flight home I'll feel bad that I didn't really get to say goodbye to my disabled dad and also the later flight enables me to spend more time with him..

however I don't sleep well on those flights and I need to be back at work the next day...

You"ll always feel you didn't spend enough time, even if you leave at 10:30
IMO, take the 2pm flight. Get home at a decent hour, and FaceTime with your dad. A lot of flights have wifi now a days. You may be able to face time till 10. I know it's not the same, but better than nothing.

miriamnechama

Post Thu, Dec 03 2015, 11:23 pm
I was still debating cus usually I do prefer the night flight but this time I'd thought I'd check what my ad's schedule for that day was. turns out he has a wedding that day and won't really be home so I figured if that's the case I'll just book the earlier flight.

btw I doubt I'll get home at a normal hour cus knowing hubby he may stop with me and go out to eat on the way back home.

Mrs Bissli

Post Mon, Dec 07 2015, 1:36 pm
I'm a kind of person who can sleep reasonably well on red-eye/overnight flights. BUT I would strongly recommend taking the 2:30pm flight, ESPECIALLY if you need to get to work the following day.

Scrabble123

Post Mon, Dec 07 2015, 1:38 pm
Overnight flight and "just deal with any residual tiredness the next day," but you know yourself. You can also try a sleep aid like benadryl (which you've tried before since sometimes they may have the opposite effect).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics