Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Need tips to help stay on my diet during Chanuukka!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Mon, Dec 07 2015, 10:43 am
I don't want to cheat. !! need tips to help stay on my diet during chanukka

allthingsblue

Post Mon, Dec 07 2015, 10:46 am
Don't come to the party hungry. Eat a salad with protein before you go. If it's a dairy party, make yourself Fleishig so you can't eat Twisted Evil
But you can't deny yourself EVERYTHING or it will backfire. Depending on your diet (weight watchers, calorie counting or whatever) set aside an allotment for a small treat- whether it's a very small treat per day, or a larger treat once over chanukah.
Try to get in a lot of exercise. Busy yourself with things other than eating- if it's at a party, you can socialize or run a children's game- if it's at home you can use this opportune time to pray...
Oh , and if you feel the need, you can brush your teeth right after you finish eating your healthy, dietetic meal- this might prevent you from snacking further. I know it helps me!

ra_mom

Post Mon, Dec 07 2015, 3:47 pm
Are you going to chanukah parties or do you need help making yummy but guilt free food at home?

rochelp

Post Mon, Dec 07 2015, 3:54 pm
I would loooove recipes! !!!

ra_mom

Post Mon, Dec 07 2015, 4:19 pm
I made yummy baked donuts last night and had half as a treat at the end of the evening. (a whole donut is about 238 calories, half is about 119)
http://www.imamother.com/forum.....art=0

I made crispy baked latkes tonight in muffin top tins with no oil or flour. 2 egg whites with 4 russet potatoes, onion, lots of salt and pepper. Spay pans well, fill, spray top, bake 20 minutes at 450. Flip and serve crispy side up.
3-4 are latkes equal to a baked potato.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise