Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Best stroller for short mommy/carpal tunnel issues

amother
Orchid

Post Sat, Dec 05 2015, 7:32 pm
IY"H having my first and I'm so excited.

But I don't know what stroller to buy.

I am short (5'1'') and have carpal tunnel issues, so I'm wondering if there are any strollers that are better suited to women who are short and/or women who have trouble w/ their wrists.

TIA for any advice.

Fave

Post Sat, Dec 05 2015, 7:41 pm
What's your budget?

That's an important factor, short or not.

The bugaboo brand features adjustable handles (my five year old is an expert in lowering the handle, when its "her turn" to push the baby) and have an easy push. However it's a pricier line.

mummiedearest

Post Sat, Dec 05 2015, 8:03 pm
I've had carpal tunnel issues while I had two kids in a stroller. you need a jogging stroller. you don't need to spend a lot of money, but a stroller with inflatable tires will make a huge difference. I've enjoyed two instep strollers, which are pretty affordable, so I tend to recommend those. insteps are taller than they used to be, I don't know if the height will make a difference for you. I found that the inflatable tires were more important than handlebar height. I was able to push both heights with a wrist/thumb splint on, and I'm approximately your height.

LittleDucky

Post Sat, Dec 05 2015, 11:39 pm
While I don't have carpal tunnel, I had a wrist injury that caused problems with daily tasks. And I needed a new stroller at that time. I would recommend going to a store like babies r us and trying them all out. Everyone is different in how they push and what they need. And what they can do. One highly recommended one I couldn't fold- it just hurt to much to do this "twist and fold down" motion. Closing mechanisms really matter! More than the push IMO. I just tried each one in my budget (and some not in my budget to see if price really matters) and found one that I could manage.

Put a case of formula in the seat and push- you will get some weight resistance and it can simulate a small child.
Refuah Shelaima and Bishaa tova!

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Dec 07 2015, 10:04 pm
I am willing to spend more on a stroller that doesn't kill my hands, so I don't really have a budget. I know myself from past experiences with other items - if it hurts my wrists so much, I'm not going to be able to push my baby, and I really don't want that, so I'm willing to spend what it takes.

I like the idea of trying out strollers.

I don't understand how inflatable tires will help my wrist issues.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Dec 08 2015, 1:09 am
There are times you will be pushing one-handed. Joggers with large wheels are much more gentle on the wrist. It takes less effort to turn and maneuver bumps and debris.
I like an adjustable bar, change it according to the terrain I'm on. Up for uphill, down for down, and down for when my hands need a little break.
I'm very happy with my mountain buggy swift.

Smile1234

Post Tue, Dec 08 2015, 2:30 am
The citi mini gt and city versa and elite have adjustable handlebars.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics