Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Chanukah present idea for family that helps us

amother
Bisque

Post Tue, Dec 08 2015, 10:06 am
My son is at a yeshiva far from us but near a family we know. This family goes above and beyond in helping out in myriad ways. They send over homecooked food packages, invite him to their house when he's free Friday afternoons (and if it's bad weather they pick him up), take him shopping (and pay for his purchase), and generally, are available to help him out in ways big and small. They are exceedingly kind, and refuse my overtures to at least cover their cash outlay on my son's behalf. I would love to give them something very special to really convey how overwhelmingly grateful we are for their chassadim. They are very well off, by the way, and since I don't live near them, would have no idea what they'd like (they probably don't need anything).

Any ideas?

good times

Post Tue, Dec 08 2015, 10:14 am
How about some nice flowers with a note saying "Thanks for beautifying and enriching my sons life"

HonesttoGod

Post Tue, Dec 08 2015, 11:05 am
Can you get one of those huge gold decorated pictures in a frame (from hazorfim with birkas habayis or im eshkachaich etc on )
Those are gorgeous and always appreciated.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics