Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Yom Tov / Holidays -> Chanukah
Game to play with lots of ppl. All ages

amother
Mistyrose

Post Mon, Dec 07 2015, 9:30 pm
I am going away shabbos chanukah with my whole family...about 50 ppl. Someone put me in charge of the game by the party. I can't think of anything that will be fun for all ages.
SO far I thought for children under 10 maybe to do a pass the present game with chanukah music. ..any way to incorporate a dreidel into it?

My mother wants me to do a treasure hunt with clues....however I don't know the place and can't see ppl playing. What other ideas Do u guys have for me?
(I already thought off the left and right passing game, and the ABC memory game)

belovedaz

Post Mon, Dec 07 2015, 9:34 pm
Give everyone a deflated balloon and ask questions. If it applies to u then u get to give one blow into ur balloon. First person to pop their balloon wins.
Eg. Who never flew?
Who are more than three donuts already this Chanukah?

It's tons of fun and laughs

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Dec 08 2015, 9:58 am
belovedaz wrote:
Give everyone a deflated balloon and ask questions. If it applies to u then u get to give one blow into ur balloon. First person to pop their balloon wins.
Eg. Who never flew?

Love this!
do you have a list of questions, it would really be helpful, I'm planning the games this year.

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Dec 08 2015, 10:06 am
you send out one person and everyone decides on one topic/concept. I.e. work or sweater or hair or praying..... anything.

the person comes back in and he goes around the table asking "how is this by you?". everyone has to answer in one word or a few short words and he has to guess what the concept was. I.e. Hair: one person says, long, one says red, another says barely manageable, another can see needs to be cut....

Last edited by amother on Wed, Aug 10 2016, 3:31 pm; edited 1 time in total

Blessing1

Post Tue, Dec 08 2015, 1:01 pm
Everyone has to give you a wish they have.
Everyone gets a wish from another person & you have to get a grab bag according to the wish.
By the party you say the wish & show what you got, you have to try to guess who's wish it is.

amother
Jade

Post Tue, Dec 08 2015, 2:09 pm
My favorite game is "wrong conductor". You compile a list of questions beforehand. Ask the first two players, and the first person to answer a wrong answer within the correct category moves up to the next player. They then compete, and so on. The winner is the person who moved the most seats.

Examples:

How many candles are we lighting tonight? (16!)
Name a Republican candidate for president. (Rockefeller!)
The Greeks didn't let yidden (play ball!)
What bracha do we say on ice cream? (Mezonos!)
A color in the rainbow (black!)
A letter on the dreidel (aleph!)
What do we keep on the fridge? (Shoes!)

The answers need to be in the same category, like a name, number, place, item, action, etc but it must be wrong.

Making up the questions isn't hard because it could be anything under the sun. You can tailor the questions to the ages of the players too.

I played it with my history students with mostly historical questions and some fun ones thrown in. It was hilarious.

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Dec 09 2015, 12:23 am
belovedaz wrote:
Eg. Who never flew?

Can anyone help me make a list of questions for this game?

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Dec 09 2015, 1:00 am
amother wrote:
Can anyone help me make a list of questions for this game?

Can everyone at least post one interesting question and I'll put my own list together.... Please!
One question each.
Thank you!

amother
cornflower

Post Wed, Dec 09 2015, 2:04 am
Great game we played with the family on first night of Chanuka. It's called "salad bowl". Everyone writes names of people on small pieces of paper and puts the papers in a salad bowl. The names can be anyone- currently alive or not, family members or not, famous people, people from the Tanach etc.- as long as most people playing the game knows who the person is.
Split into 2 teams. 3 rounds are played.
1st round: Set a timer for 30 seconds. Try and get your team members to guess the name on the paper by saying anything besides the name (or a part of it). Each team member gets a turn trying to get his teammates to guess. Count up points for each team.

2nd round: Again with 30 sec time limit. Reuse the names from the first round, This time you can only say ONE WORD. Try and use words that will trigger your teammates memory.

3rd round: Reuse the same names. This time NO talking only acting out! It gets really funny and people get very creative!
The team who guessed the most names wins- but everyone has a great time!

amother
Mauve

Post Wed, Dec 09 2015, 1:28 pm
Thanks for the idea but would really create a list of questions for the ballon game....
Does anyone have interesting question we can ask?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics