Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers
Mikva in Jerusalem

ag613

Post Wed, Dec 09 2015, 10:09 pm
Hi ladies-
I'm flying in to israel and unfortunately will be missing Mikva night as a result! I land in israel the morning of the next day. I have a few questions as I've never been to the Mikva in israel before:
-I realize that, although this is really inconvenient it's an opportunity for a special experience. Does anyone have a recommendation of a really beautiful/nice Mikva in Jerusalem? Preferably somewhere the ladies speak English and are respectful about privacy!
-do you need to make an appointment?
- do you need to bring all of your own stuff?
-can you prepare there?
-is there anything I should know that might be unusual or different than North America?
Thanks so much for any advice- I'm a little intimidated at the prospect and really appreciate it!

Iymnok

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 3:50 am
There was a very informative thread on this topic recently. I believe there were good reviews for the Mikva on Strauss.
You can prepare there. Many apartments here don't have bathtubs. For many, that's the only option.
In general you can just walk in, they have most of the basics in the room. Either on a table at the front or at the desk more things are available. A bath costs more than just a shower. I always bring my own toothbrush and toothpaste.
The rooms in every one I've been to are directly off of the Mikva room. That means no walking down hallways in just a bathrobe.

Liebs

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 4:03 am
There are many nice ones.
Minchas yitzchok has nice one (I've heard from my friend-never been will ask her later PM me if you don't hear back.)
There is one on Zayis Ranan that I've been to a few times and is nice as well but I hated the long wait so I started going to a simple one that at first I was horrified with!
There is usually someone there who speaks english so you can ask when you buzz.
They have everything but toothbrushes like someone said!

water_bear88

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 4:27 am
Iymnok wrote:
There was a very informative thread on this topic recently. I believe there were good reviews for the Mikva on Strauss.
You can prepare there. Many apartments here don't have bathtubs. For many, that's the only option.
In general you can just walk in, they have most of the basics in the room. Either on a table at the front or at the desk more things are available. A bath costs more than just a shower. I always bring my own toothbrush and toothpaste.
The rooms in every one I've been to are directly off of the Mikva room. That means no walking down hallways in just a bathrobe.

There's one I used once (I think in Baka) where you did need to walk down the hall if you needed to use a bathroom- there weren't toilets in the rooms.

bu2ybee

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 4:29 am
Mikva in har nof on agasi . IS BEAUTIFUL nicest cleanest mikva in jerusalem . They have a website with pictures .

Heyaaa

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 4:49 am
I've been to many of the mikvaos here. Heres my favorites of the ones I've been to, in order:

1. Rehavia. I think it's on Ha'ari. It's pretty much brand new, it's in great condition and it's decorated beautifully. The wait time was pretty quick.

2. Bais Yisroel. Corner of Zonnenfeld and Baal Shem Tov. It's not decorated especially beautifully but it's pretty much brand new so this one and the Rehavia one are in the best condition of all the mikvaot I've been to. The wait time is also really quick.

3. Har Nof. Agassi. I don't remember the wait time. It is only about 3 years old so it's in pretty good condition. It's a pretty mikva.

4. Zayis Raanan. It is beautifully decorated. I think you need to make an appointment so that is annoying. If you are just taking a shower, there is no toilet in the room so you have to go down the hall to get to the WC and you have to share the WC with I think 2 other shower-only rooms.

5. Zupniks. Strauss. It is decorated beautifully. It isn't so new so it's not in perfect condition.

ag613

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 7:57 am
Thanks so much for your responses!! So helpful Smile I'm just so scared of going somewhere new and having a Mikva lady interrogate me!!

Liebs

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 8:02 am
They don't usually interrogate. Once I had woman cutting my nails more and told a friend about it and she had same experience with this attendant and reported her. The lady told her to say my rav approves, and they back off.

Smile1234

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 8:10 am
Another vote for Har Nof Agassi. Beautiful clean premises and lovely mikva ladies.
Half the price of zayis raanan and way nicer.
In zayis raanan you do have to walk down the hall to the mikva from some shower rooms and none of the shower rooms have toilets. There is one for all to share down the hall.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics