Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Arrest for Raskin murder

morah

Post Wed, Dec 09 2015, 5:33 pm
It took over a year, but looks like they found the monster who did it. It seems it was a robbery gone wrong and not a hate crime. At least the family can get some closure and the perpetrator is off the streets. http://www.vosizneias.com/2233.....abbi/

chany-frum

Post Wed, Dec 09 2015, 6:32 pm
BH

just hoping its the guy who did it!

to often we find out years latter , that was the wrong guy

zaq

Post Wed, Dec 09 2015, 9:12 pm
He's not exactly off the streets and it ain't over till it's over. He has merely been arrested. First he has to be indicted, and IF indicted, stand trial.

morah

Post Wed, Dec 09 2015, 9:19 pm
Well, he could plead guilty. Most cases never make it to trial, there is usually a plea. If he is tried, it will be as an adult. True, nothing is for sure, but it's good to know there's movement on this case. They had nothing to go on when it first happened, so good for the detectives for continuing to work on it. He's always faced a grand jury, so he will be indicted soon.

Raisin

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 4:41 am
It's Raksin, not Raskin.

Happy they caught the guy.

grace413

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 5:03 am
14 years old. Unbelievable. If he's tried as a juvenile he'll be out by the time he's 21.

The Happy Wife

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 5:22 am
http://www.miamiherald.com/new......html

He's been indicted and will be tried as an adult.

grace413

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 5:32 am
The Happy Wife wrote:
http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/crime/article48764930.html

He's been indicted and will be tried as an adult.

Glad to hear. I'll be interested to see the verdict sentence.

I grew up in this neighborhood, a long time ago, and nobody thought twice about walking alone there, day or night.

Ema of 5

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 10:20 am
grace413 wrote:
Glad to hear. I'll be interested to see the verdict sentence.

I grew up in this neighborhood, a long time ago, and nobody thought twice about walking alone there, day or night.

Same here. I used to walk home from my friends house at 2 in the morning. We weren't worried about being mugged or whatever, cuz those things just didn't happen. NMB didn't start getting bad till after I got married. My parents neighbor and very good friends got held up in their house. A drug dealer moved in across the street from my parents. Sure, there were drug dealers when I was in high school, and there were Jewish kids doing drugs, but it wasn't blatant in the Jewish community.
Grace I wonder if I know you....

greenfire

Post Thu, Dec 10 2015, 11:55 pm
They caught only one of the 2 murders. A 14 year old & a senseless murder. Now the search for the accomplice who is no doubt some kid as well. Hate crime seems like it's off the table.

And considering the amount of Raskins & Raksins out there - try to get the name straight. A lot of emotions resurfacing for sure already adding stress to the families ...

It's been 16 months since Yosel Raksin was murdered. His wife and children, especially all their boys, will never be the same.

If you scroll downward on the link below - there is a 34 minute CBS Breaking News Conference that you could watch:

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2015.....rder/
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics