Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Teachers' Room
ADobe InDesign and Hebrew Fonts

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Dec 21 2015, 1:56 am
Hi!
Is adobe inDesign the ideal program for creating a book in Hebrew? I'm going nuts while using Hebrew in InDesign. And Are there any Hebrew pretty fonts to download or I'm stuck with the default ones?

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Dec 21 2015, 2:08 am
I want a font with Bold option too.
It's my first job in Hebrew and I feel like giving it up. Any advice and help would be greatly appreciated!!

kb

Post Mon, Dec 21 2015, 7:20 am
Are you trying to typeset an entire book in Hebrew?

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Dec 21 2015, 10:17 am
First of all, to do this properly you must be using a version of ID with Hebrew support. If you are using the current Creative Cloud subscription version, you can download it by just change your language choice in the CC application. If you are using an older version, you can no longer purchase one with Hebrew as they are no longer supported. There are plenty of excellent fonts available for purchase (the good ones are not free). I work with Hebrew in InDesign daily. Let me know if you have any questions.

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Dec 21 2015, 10:27 am
kb wrote:
Are you trying to typeset an entire book in Hebrew?

Yes

amother
Blush

Post Mon, Dec 21 2015, 10:28 am
OOTBubby wrote:
First of all, to do this properly you must be using a version of ID with Hebrew support. If you are using the current Creative Cloud subscription version, you can download it by just change your language choice in the CC application. If you are using an older version, you can no longer purchase one with Hebrew as they are no longer supported. There are plenty of excellent fonts available for purchase (the good ones are not free). I work with Hebrew in InDesign daily. Let me know if you have any questions.

Where do I purchase the fonts?
Can you name two or three fonts for me to use for a book? I'm not familiar with Hebrew fonts.
Thanks loads!

OOTBubby

Post Mon, Dec 21 2015, 10:29 am
amother wrote:
Where do I purchase the fonts?
Can you name two or three fonts for me to use for a book? I'm not familiar with Hebrew fonts.
Thanks loads!

Davka software (Davka.com) has collections of fonts at reasonable prices. Take a look at what they have.

Some of the ones that come with Windows or InDesign are pretty good too. You might want to try Adobe Hebrew which comes with InDesign.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics