Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Attention babysitters and those who send to babysitters
Previous  1  2

amother
Navy

Post Fri, Dec 25 2015, 2:59 pm
Thanks to all those who replied. It really gave me what to think about.

how many babies do you think is responsible to take? (I'm getting all different numbers here). Is 5 doable or just 4? (I want to be able to give them all attention and ect..., and at the same time I want to figure out if financially this can work out for me)

Also how much can I charge an hour 5 or 6 dollars? (I love kids and am not just after money, but again I just have to see if I can afford to do this instead of working outside the house)

And how does it work - do people pay a monthly rate or by the hour? what about Yom Tov or when the baby is sick?

ra_mom

Post Fri, Dec 25 2015, 3:17 pm
amother wrote:
Thanks to all those who replied. It really gave me what to think about.

how many babies do you think is responsible to take? (I'm getting all different numbers here). Is 5 doable or just 4? (I want to be able to give them all attention and ect..., and at the same time I want to figure out if financially this can work out for me)

Also how much can I charge an hour 5 or 6 dollars? (I love kids and am not just after money, but again I just have to see if I can afford to do this instead of working outside the house)

And how does it work - do people pay a monthly rate or by the hour? what about Yom Tov or when the baby is sick?

I would say take just four and then you have a reason to charge $6. The children will be better cared for and the right people will be willing to pay extra for that.
The pay is by the hour and payment is made of the end of each week. There is no pay for yom tov.
You can decide of policies now as to whether they need to pay a weekly rate based on the amount of hours they need you to be available (and even if they use less hours one day they are still responsible to pay) or whether they pay by the hour (so if they come late they pay less but if baby stays late they pay more). But whatever you decide, make those arrangements clear from the beginning so there is no misunderstanding or resentment on either end.

chocolatecake

Post Fri, Dec 25 2015, 3:31 pm
I only pay for the hours I use her. I dont pay Yom Tov or any days that I didnt send. All the babysitters I ever used were like this

amother
Magenta

Post Sat, Dec 26 2015, 1:25 pm
I'm not helpful to OP b/c I'm in Israel, but I'm finding the difference interesting.

I pay a flat rate w/ 12 checks. October and April are the same price as November and January. I basically think of it as tuition. I'm paying 6,000 NIS for the school year, not including breaks. (Breaks are official days off of school. If the babysitter (aka ganenet) wants to take a day off, I believe she needs to find a substitute.)

Sometimes this can be annoying b/c I also hardly work in October and April b/c of YT. This year, I happened to be in America for the first half month of gan. I still had to pay. (Didn't ask to get out of it either b/c didn't think it was fair to her.) If DD misses for any other reason (like when she is sick), I'm still paying. Guess that's why so many babies go to gan sick.

mo5

Post Sat, Dec 26 2015, 5:02 pm
I pay per day- so if u come late/pick up early, it's not the babysitters loss.
I only pay for days I send and give notice if my baby is sick and isn't coming.

Sunshine3

Post Sun, Dec 27 2015, 9:30 am
I personally am only comfortable with a ration of 1 to 4. 5 tops if the babysitter is the type who can really handle it.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics