Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Why? On a nutrionist diet and obsessed with food!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Dec 29 2015, 9:56 pm
I can't handle it... I was never obsessed with food. ..now I'm on a diet and all I dream about and look at are recipes! !!

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Dec 29 2015, 11:59 pm
I was just thinking the same thing today ! Through the years I always had to be careful , but never had to 'diet' and was never obsessed with food... now after a few children and excess lbs. I went to a nutritionest , she gave me a 'food plan'... it worked for a while. But now it is soo hard to stick to the plan . I follow for a few weeks and then totally loose it and find my self binging...

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Dec 30 2015, 5:59 am
Try doing a Whole30. [google is your friend]

amother
Vermilion

Post Wed, Dec 30 2015, 9:15 am
What is a whole 30?

amother
Lime

Post Wed, Dec 30 2015, 9:18 am
Yup! That's what dieting will do to you!

Hate to sound so negative, but so many studies have shown that all the diet focused mentality has done to us is make us more and more obsessed with food.

It's a sad reality........

chani8

Post Wed, Dec 30 2015, 9:19 am
amother wrote:
. . . I follow for a few weeks and then totally loose it and find my self binging...

Binges happen because the body realizes it is losing weight and sends a signal to the brain to 'save your life, you're starving!!' It's a chemical/hormonal impulse thing.

It takes everything.you've.got to overcome that urge to binge. While you are dieting, it will always be an issue.

Once you hit maintenance and learn the habit of eating your specific daily calorie requirements, that binge urge fades away. So there is hope.

chani8

Post Wed, Dec 30 2015, 9:21 am
amother wrote:
I can't handle it... I was never obsessed with food. ..now I'm on a diet and all I dream about and look at are recipes! !!

Totally normal. It's a brain thing. Just go with it. Enjoy dreaming about the food. Learn new healthy low calorie recipes. The obsession will fade away once you reach your weight goal and stay there for awhile (called 'maintenance').

thunderstorm

Post Wed, Dec 30 2015, 9:29 am
In my experience I never struggled with food until I went on a strict diet and I became food obsessed...I had even started developing recipes and writing a cookbook based on that diet...then I went downhill, I couldn't keep my mind off of food and began cheating...gained all the weight back and now I am a full fledged compulsive eater....I've been trying to eat healthy , lost about 10 lbs in 3 months and I'm back up the 10 lbs since Chanuka...very frustrating...the more I know I should limit my food , the more I tend to overeat ...it's all in my head and so frustrating to overcome!

amother
Mint

Post Wed, Dec 30 2015, 11:01 am
amother wrote:
What is a whole 30?

Google it.

It's a 30 day plan for defeating sugar addictions, snack habits etc. and eating only real, healthy food. It's amazing and really resets your body. You eat just meat, eggs, fish, fruit, veg, spices and most importantly FATS (they keep you full and make things taste good - you need fats to lose weight even, that's the latest science). You can have gourmet meals, all of which are made from scratch from amazing fresh ingredients. Not only will you lose weight but you will feel healthy and awesome and won't feel the need to eat between meals. Once you've eaten a good, filling, healthy meal, you can forget about food for 4 or 5 hours. Although of course during the first week or so you crave all sorts of things and you'll be busy looking up awesome recipes, but I think that's reasonable.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Dec 30 2015, 11:13 am
I did a quick google search on the program sounds exactly like what I need I'm just wondering where does poultry come into the picture? And how about mayonnaise the one made from canola oil is that allowed?
Are any fruits excluded?

My4Jewels

Post Sun, Jan 03 2016, 6:17 am
You should buy the whole 30 book. There's a ton of recipes. And a lot of info about the diet. There is a mayo recipe in there.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise