Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Pls recommend pocketbook

amother
Blush

Post Tue, Jan 05 2016, 12:37 pm
I'm a stay at home mom in tri state area who doesnt get out much. I need a new pocketbook and would like one that is currently in style. can someone post links to what ppl are using these days? I dont need anything too large. and dont mind spending some $$.
thanks in advance
anon coz embarrassing.

amother
Jetblack

Post Tue, Jan 05 2016, 1:05 pm
I'm not by mu comp now so I can post some links later but Zara sells purses that are in style and not expensive.

Lady Godiva

Post Tue, Jan 05 2016, 3:37 pm
http://www.zappos.com/rebecca-.....ack-1

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/ka.....ail-1

Amarante

Post Tue, Jan 05 2016, 3:40 pm
I am a purse lover and actually read blogs.

I think the important question is what your needs are and what you like because there are a lot of possibilities and classic never goes out of style. Not that I am suggesting a $5000 bag, but the Chanel flap is classic, timeless and will be in style for years. Other bags are trendier. There are totes, satchels, flaps, buckets, hobos. The possibilities are endless.

Do you need a large bag or a normal bag. Small bags can also be functional for certain lifestyles because they carry the essentials.

I like bags with a certain amount of versatility so that I can hold in my hand but also have the option of wearing on my shoulder. If you do a lot of walking in a city, you can't beat the comfort of a cross body bag.

You can check out high end expensive bags and then look for something that copies the look for less.

allthingsblue

Post Tue, Jan 05 2016, 3:53 pm
Don't be embarrassed! We all have our strengths and weaknesses, and not being a fashion maven isn't the end of the world, to say the least!
First off, what color do you want? I assume you want one for all year round... So I would suggest camel color, or taupe, (or black but I personally am not a fan of black).
Second, how hard are you on your bags? If you are hard on your bags, you need a quality leather one that will cost more; if not, you can get a fashionable bag for cheaper.
Third, what size are you looking for? Do you need just something big enough for your phone , keys and wallet, or does it need to be a stand-in for a diaper bag?
After you answer my questions I'll be happy to look around for you online.

amother
Lawngreen

Post Tue, Jan 05 2016, 4:26 pm
I don't know what size or style bag you are looking for but I noticed this satchel that I really like
https://m.payless.com/search/7.....ognac

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Jan 05 2016, 5:05 pm
I am also not into bags I currently have a cute coach wrislet. Perfect for me. Not to big but fits everything I need in it.

cm

Post Tue, Jan 05 2016, 5:26 pm
To see what is trendy, visit a nice upscale department store. While you are there, see what well-dressed women are carrying. If the price is right, shop there. However, most style features can be found on lower priced items as well.

Think about features:

Size - what does "not too large" mean? Do you need to carry a wallet, iPad or something else that won't fit in a teeny bag?

Strap - shoulder/wrist/elbow/crossbody/adjustable/chain

Closure - some people are particular to have a zip top for security, others appreciate the convenience of a snap or don't mind an open top.

Pockets - nowadays all bags seem to have phone pockets, but you may also prefer an exterior pocket or extra inner divider.

Material and finish - Real leather? Quilted? Glossy? Fabric?

Details - do you like lots of metal trim? Do you mind/prefer if the brand name is very large (seems to be a trend).

I have had good luck with QVC. They have the same range of brands, styles and quality that you would find at a mainstream department store such as Macy's, and the videos show how the item looks on the body, how the pockets and closures are placed, and so on.

alef12

Post Tue, Jan 05 2016, 5:47 pm
I like to go to TJ Maxx or Marshalls and "try on" a bunch of bags until I find one I like. I don't like to spend more than $60 on a bag and I can usually find a decent one in my price range at either of those stores.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics