Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes
Potato kugel cups?

fbc

Post Sun, Jan 10 2016, 3:20 pm
Saw idea in cookbook (jamie gellers bride who knew nothing). Recipe itself looks complicated. Has anyone tried this idea with any other kugel recipe? It seems simple to just make your regular kugel recipe and put in ramekins or a cupcake tin. Can you do that?

Post Sun, Jan 10 2016, 5:02 pm
I make this kugel all the time. It comes out great both ways. I guess when you do it repeatedly it doesn't seem complicated.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 10 2016, 5:08 pm
Of course. Just use your regular recipe.

fbc

Post Sun, Jan 10 2016, 6:28 pm
If I use my regular recipe, do I have to adjust baking time/temp because it's in smaller portions? What's the general rule about that?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Jan 10 2016, 6:31 pm
fbc wrote:
If I use my regular recipe, do I have to adjust baking time/temp because it's in smaller portions? What's the general rule about that?

Use the same oven temperature as usual for your recipe. Adjust baking time. Check after 25 minutes and you'll be able to tell by the kugel crust (or lack thereof) how much more time is needed.

fbc

Post Sun, Jan 10 2016, 6:39 pm
Got it! Thanks!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Kugels and Side Dishes