Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
What to wear to DS' bar mitzvah (Brooklyn)?

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Jan 10 2016, 3:16 pm
First child and I'm clueless about what type of clothes to purchase for myself and DD, age 9 & 5. Nice suit? Dress? Gown? Where would be a good place to shop, online, Brooklyn, or NYC? Links appreciated. Tia.

sourstix

Post Sun, Jan 10 2016, 5:56 pm
I think dresses are very in. but I dont think a gown is necessary leave that to the wedding im"h. a really nice dress with nice jewelry and a nice sheitel and nice shoes. voila! you look dressed. maybe a better type of dress..

there are definitely pp wearing gowns. I just dont think its necessary. I have been to many barmitzvahs and most wear regular lenght. it also depends what type of crowd.

L K

Post Sun, Jan 10 2016, 6:14 pm
I think a gown as in a long evening dress may be right. What sourstix prob means is rather a puffy ball gown that is more suitable for a chasunah. Right, sourstix?

sourstix

Post Sun, Jan 10 2016, 6:24 pm
yes I am rethinking it and there are beautiful evening dresses out there so I just jumped to conclusion too fast. I will agree there are beatiful everning ones out there. in my community it would be a no no. but I do agree they are beautiful.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics