Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Body of Devorah Stubin found A"H

mirror

Post Sat, Jan 16 2016, 8:13 pm
http://matzav.com/body-of-devo.....ound/

Quote:
It is with great sadness that we report the passing of Devorah Stubin a”h, who had been missing since last week.

Police found Devorah’s car in the Passaic River in Wallington, NJ.

Hundreds of Yidden gathered today, on Shabbos, in Maywood, New Jersey, to help search for the missing 22-year-old from Passaic. Despite the fact that it was Shabbos, the volunteers – including members of Hatzolah, Chaverim and Shomrim – were instructed to do anything necessary, as it was deemed a situation of pikuach nefesh.

Devorah was last seen in Maywood Township late Thursday night after she left home to pick up her brother. She was driving a gray Mitsubishi Galant with New Jersey license plate number K40FPH, and police confirm that they discovered the car today in the Passaic River. The exact nature of what occurred is not yet clear.

A Hatzolah member tells Matzav.com that the vehicle was found at approximately 4:00 p.m. this afternoon.

Police say that Devorah had been stopped by a police officer on East Central Avenue for driving without her headlights on. After she told the officer she was lost, the officer gave her directions and followed her up the hill where she was last seen making a right on Summit Street.

The police checked her EZ-Pass, which had not been used. Sheriff Michael Saudino, of the Bergen County Sheriff’s Department, said that she also had not used her credit card or her ATM card. Officials knew something was amiss.

Today, the heroic work of the Hatzolah, Chaverim and Shomrim volunteers led to the discovery of the car. The petirah of Devorah has plunged the greater frum community into mourning.

Levayah details will be provided once they are finalized.

Umachah Hashem dimah me’al kol ponim.

Chai Lifeline’s bereavement department, Project Chai, has multiple staff members available to help and guide. They can be reached at 855.3.Crisis.

UPDATE: The following is based on a conversation with Yossi Margereten, coordinator of Monsey Chaverim: “Devorah left her house Thursday night to pick up a brother from yeshiva. After a while, her brother saw that she isn’t coming. Her mother called her. She was crying and said that she is lost and a cop stopped her because her headlights were off. The mother said that she will go pick up her brother and instructed her to use her GPS to get home. After a while, her mother called again and the phone was shut.

“Passaic Hatzoloh called Monsey Chaverim on Friday afternoon and said that they never had such a search and they need help. Chaverim mobilized units and spent the entire Shabbos searching alongside Passaic Hatzoloh and Shomrim from Boro Park and Williamsburg along with many members of lakewood Chaveirim.

“At around 3:45 Shabbos afternoon, a few Monsey members called in that they see a broken gate next to the river. Police were dispatched right away and confirmed that the car in there. They pulled out the car already and identified the body, and prepared it for transfer to the Passaic Chevra Kadisha. There are cameras on the property which are being reviewed”

Beingreal

Post Sat, Jan 16 2016, 8:43 pm
Im from Passaic and I am in numbing shock....Baruch Day an Emes.....

imasinger

Post Sat, Jan 16 2016, 9:00 pm
BD"E. This is just so awful.

noosheen

Post Sat, Jan 16 2016, 9:00 pm
Young woman from Passaic is missing! Wearing black sweater and skirt, pink wool coat, rainbow sneakebrs, wire-rim glasses. 5'2", 110 lbs., dark brown hair. Please call Police or Chaverim with any leads.

And daven for Devorah bas Shoshana Rus!

From her mother:

My daughter has been missing since 8:45PM last night. She was last seen when stopped by the police in Maywood; she was lost, so the officer gave her directions to get back on the Garden State. Her phone rings, but no answer and no response to texts. Chaverim is on it. My husband has gone to file a report at the police station. What else should we do? She missed her evening meds, which can have serious repercussions.

Got the above texted to me b4 Shabbos. Poor poor mother.

tigerwife

Post Sat, Jan 16 2016, 9:44 pm
So terrible Sad . Bd"E. May the family be comforted.

flowerpower

Post Sat, Jan 16 2016, 10:19 pm
Bd"e.

Merrymom

Post Sat, Jan 16 2016, 11:00 pm
I'm feeling sick over this imagining what the family is going through, and what Shabbos must have been like for them. Does anyone has the levaya information yet?

Beingreal

Post Sat, Jan 16 2016, 11:12 pm
No I am waiting for that. ..
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics