Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Chit Chat
Which is the lesser of two evils? (re- cooking vs planning)
Previous  1  2

Which don't you like to do?
cooking the meal  
 37%  [ 41 ]
planning the meal  
 62%  [ 67 ]
Total Votes : 108

gittelchana

Post Sun, Jan 17 2016, 1:40 pm
greenfire wrote:
you need a 3rd option:

I don't like cleaning up the mess afterward

Yea...

I don't know anyone who does LOL

OP, give me the menu and I'll cook it. I hate planning menus.

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Jan 17 2016, 4:12 pm
I always say that the hardest part is the planning -- planning what to cook, what to serve for each mean, how and when to heat everything, etc. I've always said that I'd gladly cook it all -- and I'm not such a huge fan of cooking either -- :-) if someone else would do the planning.

smss

Post Sun, Jan 17 2016, 9:06 pm
I think the planning is harder. Which is why I sat down once and made a one-week menu plan complete with breakfast, lunch and dinner. If I ever want to make a different menu, great, but if I just don't then at least I have one to work from. ;-)

Also, OOTBubby, I was surprised to read that you're not such a big fan of cooking! It seems like you do a lot of it despite not loving it. How do you manage to overcome your feelings?

OOTBubby

Post Sun, Jan 17 2016, 9:09 pm
smss wrote:
Also, OOTBubby, I was surprised to read that you're not such a big fan of cooking! It seems like you do a lot of it despite not loving it. How do you manage to overcome your feelings?

I actually haven't done much for most of the past 2 years -- we've been living in a temporary location (while we are building a new home) with very limited kitchen facilities. I haven't made a yom tov while living here. I hope that willl change very soon though (we hope to be in our new home, iy"H for Pesach).

I am a big believer in that whatever you do you should do right, so even if I don't love it, when I am going to do it, I will try to do the best I can. I wouldn't mind if I never had to cook -- I'd love for someone to do it for me. But, since that isn't going to happen, I will do it the best I can.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics