Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus
In S/O not the typical heimish Shabbos menu
Previous  1  2  3  4

ra_mom

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 12:41 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
I love both these ideas...would you know how many servings the stew makes?

4 full servings if main focus of meal. Otherwise can serve 6.

Tweedy

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 1:10 pm
mha3484 wrote:
DH makes the cholent and he uses a quarter cup of quinoa, milet, amaranth and short grain brown rice. No beans. Its really good.

Can I have the recipes please please??? What is amaranth? I need a gluten free alternative to cholent!

Miri7

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 2:17 pm
We also do taco bar. Regarding reheating - we do the pan over the plata, which is on a timer. My fav told me to light with the food on the plata, with the intention of returning it to the plata. So that's what we do. One option to have warm food is to make black beans in your crockpot, so those will be warm for shabbat lunch. Then the meat part of the taco bar can be set out to come to room temp.

Taco bar is especially good when you have vegetarian, gluten free, soy allergy, and other dietary restrictions eating the same meal, as each person makes their own. You can get gluten free taco shells or corn tortillas

We also do fancy sandwich bar - with chicken or petite tenders, nice pretzel buns, homemade slaw (bell pepper, cabbage, jalapeƱo).

We have tons of roast veggies - easy and healthy! And it's easy to change up: cauliflower one week, sweet potato the next, potatoes, carrots. I also like to mix beet, carrot, sweet potato and onion and roast it all together.

And I agree with the poster who said to make lots of nice salads. Everyone loves good salads.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Shabbos and Supper menus