Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Miscellaneous
Note to thyself. This is just a vent.

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 1:15 pm
I didnt eat breakfast today (I was in a lazy mood this morning) but I accidentally left my snack and lunch in my DH's car (I dont drive) and he works about an hour away. There are no kosher food establishments near my office or any access to kosher food where I work....I'm hungry!!!! My head is beginning to hurt...all I have is water....Gam Zu L'tovah!

greenfire

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 1:19 pm
can you find a fruit somewhere ... filling & healthy & kosher

sleepybeauty

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 1:25 pm
Sad
Is there anywhere that can deliver?

egam

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 1:26 pm
I don't know if you eat non heimishe heksherim, but if you do see if you can get a granola bar or a cereal. You can eat it as a snack. And as suggested by greenfire there are always fruits. Bananas are quite filling. Or if you can get ripe avocado and a plastic spoon, that's good too.

Stars

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 1:26 pm
Are there any places that will deliver.. Even for a fee

tichellady

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 1:27 pm
That sounds terrible. There is no gas station nearby where you can buy a protein bar, banana, peanut butter, or a granola bar? There's really nothing kosher you can buy?? Are you in the US?

In the future make sure to have some extra bars, crackers etc for emergencies.

bigsis144

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 1:30 pm
You could also try a Walgreens/CVS type store if there's one in walking distance (again assuming you're in US and would eat regular OU-type hechsherim on a granola bar or bag of chips?)

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 1:34 pm
No stores around here!!! Only a nail salon, a florist and such. There is a CVS but last I checked this CVS didnt have even pretzels or nuts ...there is a vending machine in my building but it's broken!!!! I dont eat non cholov yisroel...no fruits anywhere...I may just venture out in the freezing temperatures and try my luck at CVS...not so sure Twizzlers will do the trick Very Happy

tichellady

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 1:36 pm
Call your rabbi- you may not need to keep chalav yisroel if there is nothing else for you to eat today and you are expected to work.

greenfire

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 1:42 pm
Bizzydizzymommy wrote:
No stores around here!!! Only a nail salon, a florist and such. There is a CVS but last I checked this CVS didnt have even pretzels or nuts ...there is a vending machine in my building but it's broken!!!! I dont eat non cholov yisroel...no fruits anywhere...I may just venture out in the freezing temperatures and try my luck at CVS...not so sure Twizzlers will do the trick Very Happy

whilst there are edible flowers ... cvs not having nuts is NUTso - how about dried fruit [okay that's a long shot]

at least get the colourful twizzlers - so you can have a full course meal Colors Cheers

egam

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 1:43 pm
CVS should have Nature Valley granola bars, apple sauce, cereal, raisins, orange juice. I'm surprised you said no nuts. They usually have.
Also instant oatmeal, if you have an access to hot water.
Good luck.

Last edited by egam on Tue, Jan 19 2016, 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 1:45 pm
greenfire wrote:
whilst there are edible flowers ... cvs not having nuts is NUTso - how about dried fruit [okay that's a long shot]

at least get the colourful twizzlers - so you can have a full course meal Colors Cheers

Lol...you are funny...I'm going to go over there in a few and see what I can come up with...thanks all for your advice....I was just going to fast but you encouraged me....I usually have dinner ready BEFORE I get home, but that wasn't done either...it's been one of those days!

oliveoil

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 2:29 pm
cvs should have instant oatmeal, or cereal and almond/soy milk, granola bars, or dried fruit or something.

Stars

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 3:25 pm
Note to self: always keep oatmeal packets or a box of cheerios in your desk.. Dried fruit lasts a long time too. Oh and candy.

If you'd work near me I'd offer you my sandwich

thunderstorm

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 3:32 pm
Stars wrote:
Note to self: always keep oatmeal packets or a box of cheerios in your desk.. Dried fruit lasts a long time too. Oh and candy.

If you'd work near me I'd offer you my sandwich

Thanks! I ended up going to the bank to change my 5 dollar bill to singles (the bank is closer to my office than CVS) and I bought 1.5 oz. almonds and an individual pack of Nature Valley Granola Bars from the vending machine downstairs...it was making shtick and not accepting coins but it graciously accepted my singles...so thanks everyone...I'm going to make sure I have food in my drawers.
I intentionally dont, because I am a compulsive eater and I'm trying to watch what I eat...everything I keep in my drawers usually gets eaten regardless if I'm hungry or not...but after today , I'll have to rethink my strategy...

imasinger

Post Tue, Jan 19 2016, 3:39 pm
Glad you found something. I was going to suggest nuts, too.

I keep a jar of them in my car; a little goes a long way. If you have a drawer with a lock, could you put the key in a separate place, to give yourself time to think whether you were eating compulsively or because you really needed it?

I was thinking that in the current state, you would live up to your screen name, and truly be a busy, dizzy mommy.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics