Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How to get rid of color leak stains on clothes

momma4

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 2:17 pm
How can I get out color leak stains from cloth? ? I need to save a full load of laundry. I don't know why it happened, I did a cold water colored load and all the lighter clothing became pink! Anyone knows of a way to get it out? ??? Please??? All suggestions accepted.

tweety1

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 2:40 pm
Tide with bleach powder make a paste with hot water. Put a little onto each stain. Let it sit overnight and wash. Worked magic for me

water_bear88

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 2:45 pm
BTDT- I wasn't able to rescue things, though the ones that were reusable anyway (crib sheets) gradually lost most of the color with subsequent washes.

I've learned not to launder a new colored item in a general cold colored load- the first time or two that I wash it, the only other items I'll put in are black or navy, similarly colored to the possible offender, or things that don't matter if they get a little stained anyway (like already-stained playclothes).

mommy9

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 2:53 pm
Carbona color run remover

mommy9

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 2:53 pm
Carbona color run remover

ra_mom

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 4:19 pm
If the clothes were originally white or ivory with no other colors or designs you can use rit color remover. Works beautifully. Follow pkg directions.

momma4

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 9:43 pm
Thanks for the replies. Most things that got colored are striped, do you think that I can do the same thing to get out the stain and not ruin the darker stripes? Or are the suggestions only for one colored garments?

tweety1

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 9:57 pm
The first time I actually tried the tide was on a girls navy/white striped jumper

greenfire

Post Wed, Jan 20 2016, 10:19 pm
I hope you didn't dry them yet ... try washing with baking soda & vinegar
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry